• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Witzend/Wally Wood

8 posts in this topic

I recently found copies of Witzend #1 & 2 (a self published magazine put out by Wally Wood in 1966 that included art and stories by many of the top artists and writers of the day - a lot of old EC folks.) Anyway I haven't been able to find anything about Witzend in Overstreet or anywhere else for that matter. Can anyone tell me whether it has any value (besides sentimental.) Both my copies are in very good, near mint condition.

I just want to ask you about the comics you are looking for listed at the bottom of your post. Those aren't particularly expensive books so who would go to the trouble and expense of having them registered? I ask because I have copies of the books you're looking for and they are in beautiful shape, carefully picked and stored but raw (I'm starting to pick up this strange new lingo.)

I just want to ask you about the comics you are looking for listed at the bottom of your post. Those aren't particularly expensive books so who would go to the trouble and expense of having them registered? I ask because I have copies of the books you're looking for and they are in beautiful shape, carefully picked and stored but raw (I'm starting to pick up this strange new lingo.)

You're right, none of them are particularly rare or exotic by any stretch. Of course, I just removed Quality Comics' Spirit #5 which had been a real :censored: to track down, but it's the exception and not the rule.

I loved those books when I was young collector and want truly high grade copies of them now. My goal is to complete runs of those books in CGC 9.8 just like I did with The Dark Knight Returns. I figured that I got one of the "big ones" so these shouldn't be too hard, but there simply hasn't been a copy of Daredevil #230 graded in 9.8 yet. Only 3 copies of #229 in 9.8 and 5 copies of #231 in 9.8. Now, the fact that no CGC 9.8's (or very few) is not an indication of true rarity, but more of a lack of desire by collectors/dealers to get them graded. I've got copies of all the books in my signature, but not the grade of those copies that I want.

Clear as mud? (shrug)

lol

(thumbs u