• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Have You Done to Acheive Your Grail?

91 posts in this topic

I guess for me, I think of a "grail" as one of those comics that has made such an impact on the comic industry that it will never be forgotten- some more expensive than others where even the very low-grade copies demand exceptionally high prices.

I guess I hadn't really thought of the X-Men 101 CGC 9.8 as a grail, but I'm sure once you collected copies of all the keys you want, one direction to move your collection in is the upgrading of comics. Yeah, it's always cool to see what others are in the hunt for.

A grail can be any book, regardless of price. A grail is defined as the object of any prolonged endeavor. It is a book that you hunt and hunt for, one that you can't get out of your head.

Furthermore, there are only eight 9.8s on the census out of 893 books submitted and it is a very important Bronze Age key. So, the next time you have an opinion on what you think of someone else's "grail" book, think about keeping it to yourself.

I didn't post it to have my choice critiqued by you.

:o Wow, I hadn't really thought of what I said as insulting. In fact, I thought what I said was inclusive of your grail (note the bold-faced text from my original posting). I wasn't criticizing your grail (I thought it was a different but cool choice) so... I really fail to see the reason in getting so defensive.

Take a look at really ANY post I've put up in this community Doc-- I'm not someone who goes out of his way to put others down, start silly arguments, etc. Nothing in my post was meant to be rude to you, so let's keep it friendly, ok?

Just wondering if any of you out there have sacrificed some fine looking, very key issues in order to get a hold of one of the real grail issues?

yes I did...and it was worth it!

I recently consigned some not too shabby GA and SA books to ComicLink, and with part of the advance, I bought this....... ( more "advance" pics to come ;) )

Steve

52168-ff1002.jpg.76e3e478c2124436fb6338a75867beca.jpg

I have sold off thousands of dollars of my prized books, along with my stereo system in hopes of raising funds to purchase a high grade copy of Phantom Lady #17. Now that I have the $, all that is left to do is find a high grade copy of Phantom Lady #17 that is actually for sale.

Just wondering if any of you out there have sacrificed some fine looking, very key issues in order to get a hold of one of the real grail issues?

I recently consigned some not too shabby GA and SA books to ComicLink, and with part of the advance, I bought this....... ( more "advance" pics to come ;) )

Steve

That is a REALLY nice looking copy! Congrats! (thumbs u

Steve

Very sweet copy Steve (worship)

LMK if you ever get tired of it :grin:

Steve

It's not a good picture, but if that were a perdigree GA, it looks like it would be a 9.0. (is that the reponse you were hoping for?) ;)