• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LEMONS to LEMONADE, 9 comics for a donation to CHARITY Free Shipping!

18 posts in this topic

Ever have one of those "issues" you just can't resolve and it's in danger of annoying you? ..Well, that is the case here. I purchased some books from a fairly new member ...I was trying to support , who stated he/she was having a problem...things just somehow went wrong from there.

When I posted my :takeit: the grades in the thread for most of these, said VF/NM. They were changed after my post...whether it was because he had to catch up and made an error to begin with, didn't understand what common sense procedure would dictate and didn't know they should not be changed after an :takeit: , or whether he/she was actually afraid of me (as the response suggested, lol:) and changed them for that reason, it doesn't matter.

For some reason, I can't fathom, even though I offered to pay shipping, he/she will not take them back.

Anyway, to make a too long story short...I'm here with some books, that *I* think are much much lower grade than what I thought I was purchasing. I am lucky enough to all ready have copies in these grades or even slightly better...I'm not smiling when I look at them, and I enjoy smiling at comic books (yes, I understand that's insane...but so be it..;)

So, I'd like to turn this rather sour incident(for me) into a more potable drink, by adding a little sugar.

I always feel good when I can change something that makes me unhappy, into something that makes me feel good, so here is the deal. I paid $33.00 including postage. If anyone wishes to post an :takeit: for $33.00, that person can donate the $33.00 to any charity of his or her choice and I will ship the books to him/her, no charge in the US, if you are out of the US and you don't mind a flat rate envelope, I'll ship them for 1/2 price..

You can of course, donate more, I just want to know the name of the charity and the amount. The donation will be on the honor system.

If I don't see a post for $33.00, I'll take offers on here, or by PM until 11 PM tonight, best offer at that time, gets it.

Oh, and one other thing, I ALWAYS take returns...but not on these...;) You donate for these, you own them..;) If I was wrong, btw, and they are MUCH higher than I am stating, well...then you got a great bargain, and good luck to you ! Enjoy!

Thanks!.

Strange Tales #129, Cover detached at one staple, overall creasing, small spine splits, rusty staples, nice gloss and pages. 2.5

Strange Tales #132, flat, nice gloss, light overall creasing , 4.0

Wonder Woman #143, Nice color, some gloss, decent pages, prominent spine roll, 4.0.

Iron Man #8, flat, decent pages, 1 rusty staple, moisture damage at the bottom, wrinkles, color loss, 3.0-3.5

Iron Man #128, nice color and pages, spine bends and some long creases that do not break color (could be pressed, or put under a ton of books) 6.0/5.5

Lois Lane #137, decent color, light pages, subscription crease, overall general creasing, some small stains on the back. 3.0 to maybe 3.5

Superman Family #199, Staple tears, creasing and some staining on the back nice color and pages. 4.0

Superman Family #211, several long creases that do not break color, tiny tear right edge, nice color and pages.5.0

Superman Family #215, some long light creases that do not break color, nice color, pages, very small stains. 6.0 to 6.5

lemonade.jpg

I like you sky, you are quirky. You have some flower child in you.

Well, it's always nice to hear something nice:)

Maybe it was that different drum I was traveling to... ;)

I love comics and I love the hobby and if you can't have fun, what is the point?

WOw, I thought this was a good idea, but no takers?

I was hoping someone here could use them...however, I'll think of something:)

I'll be out of town for a bit, so the offer is now closed.

It was an excellent idea...but yeah, most of those books are soo fugly that we don't want them either. :o

I might have to pay you NOT to send them to me. lol

Sorry you had to take one on the chin with this one. :sorry:

However, you still have come out looking TruBlue over this sale...which fits quite nicely with your avatar and posting colors . (thumbs u

May I suggest a great one.

www.heifer.org

A $25 donation will buy a family a dozen chicks and the training needed to go into business raising hens and both selling eggs and feeding the family.

$30 will buy a family a bee hive,letting them start their own honey selling business.

May I suggest a great one.

www.heifer.org

A $25 donation will buy a family a dozen chicks and the training needed to go into business raising hens and both selling eggs and feeding the family.

$30 will buy a family a bee hive,letting them start their own honey selling business.

Thanks so much for the wonderful Suggestion, small world, I was going to give these to a friend who is selling items to benefit Heifer International...when no one offered...

Collin, if you would like them just PM me and I'll happily send them to you :) I need your address...Someone also mentioned Comix for kids, and I will send them a box, either way (once I get their address)

Sorry I didn't answer before, Ihad to catch a VERY early plane and I'm a borrowed computer...

Thanks for all the postive ideas:) I'd say over all, my lemonade stand was a success:) :cloud9:(worship):acclaim:

nice Sharon....now where to send the cash....

my company matches any donation up to a max aggregate total up to $5,000, so I'll be able to double the $25 through work.

I'm not at my limit yet, but getting closer as the holiday season approaches.

Cheers,

Collin

my wife handles the charitable giving in our household, had I read this thread earlier I would have been on board after checking with her, but it's good they're finding a home and a charity is getting some $.

my company matches any donation up to a max aggregate total up to $5,000, so I'll be able to double the $25 through work.

Cheers,

Collin

Collin, Shadroch's suggestion is a wonderful one, send the money to http://www.heifer.org ...Just let me know if I should mail these to Comics for Kids, or to you...

Sorry I didn't answer this, I was out of town...I'll PM you!

my wife handles the charitable giving in our household, had I read this thread earlier I would have been on board after checking with her, but it's good they're finding a home and a charity is getting some $.

Thanks so much for answering either way....:) and I'm glad this set is "Sold" but...I appreciate your participation:)

Have a great day!

Cheers,

Collin

Collin, Shadroch's suggestion is a wonderful one, send the money to http://www.heifer.org ...Just let me know if I should mail these to Comics for Kids, or to you...

Sorry I didn't answer this, I was out of town...I'll PM you!

Your wish is my command.....off to the cow organization.....heifer that is. :kidaround: