• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Won this last night on the bay.... Art Adams cover!

17 posts in this topic

Congratulations ! Composition rocks on this page...

I lost each and every auction I bid on last night :makepoint:

The Byrne Silver Surfer page

The Mignola Alpha Flight/Hulk page

The Don Heck Astonishing Tales

Everything :pullhair:

(shrug)

Mitch-

Most people know that I price my art waaaay over what I think it is worth. I did that because when I put NFS, I kept getting emails asking me how much I would sell it for or lowball offers. I very rarely get those emails anymore (thumbs u

(shrug)

Mitch-

Most people know that I price my art waaaay over what I think it is worth. I did that because when I put NFS, I kept getting emails asking me how much I would sell it for or lowball offers. I very rarely get those emails anymore (thumbs u

I don't know about that Steve. Haven you heard what the going rate is for an Art Adams cover these days? :insane:

Steve-

Congratulations! Really nice Art Adams cover at a very good price. Some of his pieces have been going through the roof recently. I was elated when I won his cover art to Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1 earlier this year. That won't leave my hands unless someone offers me an insane amount of money.

Again, nice pickup!

Bill

Small world Steve,

I was the underbidder on the Adams art.

Sorry to have made the cover cost you $300 more.

Best,

Steve

No problem! All is fair in art and auctions!

:gossip: besides, my snipe was way over that, so I am still quite happy! Extra bonus; my daughter loves the piece! (thumbs u

To everyone else: Thanks for the kind words, I love our hobby! :headbang:

(shrug)

Mitch-

I don't know about that Steve. Haven you heard what the going rate is for an Art Adams cover these days? :insane:

O.K. raised the price, just in case! :sorry:

Hey Steve, just had a chance to have a longer look at the piece, the composition is awesome, A. Adams is such a great artist for that, his Classic X-Men 1 cover is still one of my all-time favs.

Quick question? Are the background figures in Pencil only and the foreground pencil and Ink? I take it they are not overlay, which is really amazing, seems as if this is one of those pieces that would look even better in person.

Congrats again (thumbs u