• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ditko ASM Art Day!

26 posts in this topic

On a more pleasant note…happy, happy Art Day:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=314044&GSub=34620

This was a piece that was highly sought after between me and another list member. I am proud to say that we both went about if fairly and above-board. We made our offers and let the seller decide. Thanks for being cool, David. It worked out for us both in the end. Looking forward to your art day.

I don’t pimp my wantlist here much, but please take a look if you are so inclined. I will be upfront and state that you will not hear any boastful “$20K” offers from me at this time-- I’m broke! But if anyone is in a trading mood, give me a holler. And if it’s a piece that falls into my budget, I’ll pay fair market value. No ¼ market value offers from me.

Thanks to everyone who wrote me off-list regarding certain, recent unfortunate events :acclaim: I’m happy to talk to anyone who writes. Best of luck to all in their art pursuits.

Felix Lu

Hey, I'm certainly not in this hobby to make enemies. You got this fair and square. I only have myself to blame for losing out on this truly magnificent piece.

There are certainly no hard feelings on my part. I'm sure I own a few things that the winds of fate blew favorably in my direction. Hey, it's all part of the hobby.

And if you ever want to trade or whatever for it, you certainly know where to find me!

I'm sure the accolades will be rushing in to congratulate you on this phenomenal page!

:news:Accolades :news:

Felix,

What a beautiful addition. Congratulations! A near perfect panel page. I'd say keep me in mind if you want to let her go, but I doubt that will happen. Outstanding. Thanks for sharing!

Brian

Now aren't you glad you took that sage advice and got rid of all all those smaller pieces to get one nice one... (thumbs u

:jokealert:

Beautiful, beautiful page Felix. As i said in my comment on CAF, one of my favorite ASM stories. For some reason I thought the way Ditko drew this issue was unreal -- probably the first comic where as a kid I really consciously noticed the art and went "Cool!". I've often posted the cover to ASM 21 as my favorite ASM cover -- it's quirky, gangly spidey all contorted battling the Beetle (what a perfect villain for Ditko to draw!) and has the Torch thrown in for good measure.

To me, ASM 21 is the issue where Ditko took the "next step" and his artwork went to another level. This page has great imagery, loads of characters, and (if that weren't enough) a 1/3 splash! Wowee!!!

I am thrilled to see a page like this on CAF and appreciate you sharing it with us all. What a masterpiece!

(worship) (thumbs u :applause:

As I commented on the CAF, this is just a fantastic page! It has just about everything that one would look for in a Ditko Spidey page. It's great to see someone identify a grail and then actually go out and nail it down like a real man. No hot air, no harrassment, just fair dealing. First the Lone Wolf (my mind still reels from that one) and now this. Congrats! (worship)

As I commented on the CAF, this is just a fantastic page! It has just about everything that one would look for in a Ditko Spidey page. It's great to see someone identify a grail and then actually go out and nail it down like a real man. No hot air, no harrassment, just fair dealing. First the Lone Wolf (my mind still reels from that one) and now this. Congrats! (worship)

And we all know how much Lambo appreciates a "real man" :luhv: ...not that there is anything wrong with that.

C