• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trying to Identify Schomburg Title

33 posts in this topic

Here's a link to GCD with all the covers, Gary

http://www.comics.org/covers.lasso?SeriesID=13460

Yep. I have issue # 8. Great cover, especially with the striking reds.

:sumo: Post it!

Well, since you asked SOOO nicely..... meh

DBF8front.jpg

:o

:foryou: Thank You!!!!

Thanks, Angelo. That's weird. Prior to posting here, I went to the GCD and searched Alex Schomburg under penciller and got about 550 results - no Beatrice Fairfax - yet he signed at least one of the covers...

Sweet! :applause:

Very tough books in grade. Ridiculously undervalued in the Guide.

I believe I purchased it from Mr Bedrock man moons ago. I'd like it more if it was in the same grade as yours but have not yet found a copy that nice.

Sweet! :applause:

Very tough books in grade. Ridiculously undervalued in the Guide.

I believe I purchased it from Mr Bedrock man moons ago. I'd like it more if it was in the same grade as yours but have not yet found a copy that nice.

One of my biggest regrets was letting that book go :pullhair: Just kidding! Glad to see it again.

When this thread started that was the exact book (and exact copy) I was thinking of.

Scrooge beat me to the punch.

Just like here, romance titles get a lot less attention than superheroes. The five issues are completely unindexed. Is everyone sure that Schomburg did all five covers? (Looks like it to me.)

Send a correction/addition to GCD. Highly qualified editors are standing by. There's an email link on almost every page. If you don't do it, who will? GCD is an all-volunteer organization. The data are only as complete as the submitters make them.

Jack

Thanks, Angelo. That's weird. Prior to posting here, I went to the GCD and searched Alex Schomburg under penciller and got about 550 results - no Beatrice Fairfax - yet he signed at least one of the covers...

What a shame that someone wrote all over it. Have you tried an eraser to bump the grade up a bit? maybe a nice loaf of Wonder Bread.

Jack

("I am very lonesome and unhappy." Cheery cover, eh?)

Here's one of mine

Beatrice5.jpg

This is what I love about the boards: I have never seen or heard of Dear Beatrice Fairfax and not only does Scrooge know the comic from a basic description but some members have copies of different issues in the series! :o

Always something new and fun to learn here...

1688008843_5fb1cb42fe_b.jpg

The previous Schomburg was from US Fliers in Action I think. Alex did a lot of war scene paintings that were used in books and puzzles. I have a coloring book too. He did the army and navy but his brother specialized in airplanes. Alex was better known for Timely covers and really nice Sci Fi covers like the one above but you knew that didn't you. :D.

bb

Yes, I did. But I always love to see more examples of his work, even if it's outside of comics.