• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF #15 SELLS FOR $227,000!!!!! HOW DOES JOSH DO IT?????!!!!

35 posts in this topic

Not sure why people are surprised that the AF 15's are seling for over $200,000 sine its been a few years since they last hot the market and the amount of foriegn buyers must have increased dramatically with the fall in the US dollar. Most high grade books that fall in this category have become more expensive since 2005, defintely the case with GA stuff. I'm actually surprised that the ASM#1 didn't sell being a pedigree and all but I guess its viewed as much more common than an AF#15? If I was the seller of the AF#15 I would be snatching up the Marvel Comics #1 and the annual. :cloud9:

Interesting that the skyrocketing price for AF 15s doesn`t really seem to be pulling up the price of ASM 1. 9.6 ASM 1s seem to have been consistently topping out around $110K for several years now, and none has come anywhere close to the record $150K price that was achieved around the time of the first Spider-Man movie.

I believe that Josh charges the seller 10% off the top and that's it.

yep, 10% seller, non negotiable...nothing to the buyer versus heritage which, while negotiable, is typically 19.5% to the buyer, and 10% avg to seller...

rick

You`d have to be a very poor negotiator to agree to a 10% seller`s commission with Heritage. Ed J usually starts out by offering to cut it down to 7.5%, before you even ask him for a fee reduction! lol

I was thinking the same. I thought I would see a decent price... Another reason why I thought the ASM 1 would go for decent money is because the owner of the AF 15 from the last auction has been putting a pretty nice run of HG ASMs and would consider upgrading his copy. I assumed he would be in the bidding war... then again he might be the higher bidder since you need two to fight a war.

I highly doubt the owner of the AF 15 paid 10%.

I bet he did...Comic links stance is 10%, no matter the book, no matter the seller...whether a $100 or a $100,000 book...trust me, I tried to negotiate down, but their policy is their policy, so you have to respect that :)

gator

yep, 10% seller, non negotiable...nothing to the buyer versus heritage which, while negotiable, is typically 19.5% to the buyer, and 10% avg to seller...

rick

You`d have to be a very poor negotiator to agree to a 10% seller`s commission with Heritage. Ed J usually starts out by offering to cut it down to 7.5%, before you even ask him for a fee reduction! lol

if you are really good negotiator (i.e. you have "the stuff" to auction) ,as a seller you can get 105% of strike...maybe even more? :baiting:

gator

rick

if you are really good negotiator (i.e. you have "the stuff" to auction) ,as a seller you can get 105% of strike...maybe even more? :baiting:

gator

I can neither confirm nor deny the truth of that rumor.

rick

gator

I can neither confirm nor deny the truth of that rumor.

:gossip:

hey

thats a phenomenal price fro this book, just amazing!

i wonder what the 9.6 copy would fetch? is $400k feasible??

and waht would a ff 1 9l.4 bring now?

The FF 2 just sold for $33K. So I would guess a 9.4 FF 1 would fetch a very decent price, but nowhere close to $200K. Of course, a few months ago I would've said that a 9.4 AF 15 would be nowhere close to $200K.