• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who owns the finest private GA collection?

32 posts in this topic

my "guess" would be , for DC, the Dentist (though Ian's is complete) and for Timely it would Verzyl hands down, and for completeness/variety, maybe our own JBerk?...of course, Bangzoom seems to be in the discussion of late...and you can't leave out Fishler and many other dealers that have wonderful inventory/collections?

will be interesting to see other's opinions

gator

I would think Anderson and Verzyl would be the top two, but are you talking quantity, value, or grade?

Ian Levine might win in the quantity department with over 35,000 DC comics. :shy:

But how many of those are GA?

I would think Anderson and Verzyl would be the top two, but are you talking quantity, value, or grade?

Ian Levine might win in the quantity department with over 35,000 DC comics. :shy:

he has every DC GA

complete

gator

Good point. Maybe 30%. (shrug)

he has every DC GA

complete

gator

Right, but how many is that? Would another collector that collects multiple publishers have more books than Ian?

Let's not forget Geppi.

Good point. Maybe 30%. (shrug)

I've seen Ian's collection, and it is impressive, but for grade... it lacks. He very much was concerned with gap filling with available copies at the time he was looking, and choosing the least price sensitive.

Which made sense when you know your chasing that many books...as he didn't have unlimited funds to throw at his collecting goal.

for "quality" it has to be the Dentist right ? he owns the best known existing copies of the top two GA books, plus who knows what else.

don't know much about Jon's collection except for what I've heard on the boards,. I did meet and briefly talk to him at this past Chicago forum dinner. very nice guy and funny too.

Ian's collection is a showcase for being the ultimate "completist", when I think of his collection having EVERY DC ever printed, it blows my mind.

however, none of these guys own the SF/Tom Reilly Superman #11 :shy:

lol

lol

The office supply store called. My Tom Reilly stamp is ready. Could you pick it up for me? It's at the same place you got yours.

:baiting:

lol

The office supply store called. My Tom Reilly stamp is ready. Could you pick it up for me? It's at the same place you got yours.

:baiting:

lol