• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thirty Days Of Night

23 posts in this topic

I enjoyed the flick.not-tagged-smiley-3553.gif

It seemed like they played it safe on the gore though,lots of cut aways.

Good reactions from the crowd,little applause on a couple parts and some gasps here and there too.not-tagged-smiley-3371.gif

Oh,before the movie i was at barnes & noble and found that roy thomas Marvel universe book with the stan lee audio reg.price $50.00 sale price $7.98 so i grabed one. (thumbs u

I was at barnes & noble and found that roy thomas Marvel universe book with the stan lee audio reg.price $50.00 sale price $7.98 so i grabed one. (thumbs u

Yeah, that one is a regular Bargain Book now, still a fine buy and worthwhile...

... I'm hoping 30 Days of Night is a similar, worthwhile move. :wishluck::popcorn:

I enjoyed the flick.not-tagged-smiley-3553.gif

It seemed like they played it safe on the gore though,lots of cut aways.

Good reactions from the crowd,little applause on a couple parts and some gasps here and there too.not-tagged-smiley-3371.gif

Oh,before the movie i was at barnes & noble and found that roy thomas Marvel universe book with the stan lee audio reg.price $50.00 sale price $7.98 so i grabed one. (thumbs u

What happens at the end?

Worst... writing... ever!

Seriously, this is more comedy that horror and anyone scared by this schlock should NEVER see a really scary movie. Other than some ultra-lame camera-done scares, there is absolutely no suspense or real fright in the movie. And the end... lol at that point I felt like having my brain removed.

I especially liked the Ero-trash gibberish-speaking Vampires. Absolutely :censored: hilarious. lol

Out of a scale from 1-10, I'd give it a four...

The film is pretty dull. The town scenes, other than a well done overhead shot during the massacre, looked cheap and obvious models (or cheap CGI). I was waiting for Godzilla to arrive and do his dance smash...

Also, the survivors were acting like insufficiently_thoughtful_persons most of the time. If you are trying to hide in a town with the power off, I'd suggest you DON'T look out windows with the lights on inside or use flashlights while outside. They should have been exposed before the first week was up. Also, when was the Sheriff shaving? He had a week's stubble at most...not a 30 days growth...

The ending really sucked. Is that from the comic? I can see it working in the comic but it definitely doesn't work on the big screen.

Jim

as usual, comic collectors hate another comic movie. i'd give it a C+ or a B-. it was about what i expected. they did hold back on the violence, but it was still very graphic. the ending was fine. try reading the comic, you might like it. the very end was an homage to night of the living dead.

as usual, comic collectors hate another comic movie. i'd give it a B+. it was about what i expected. they did hold back on the violence, but it was still very graphic.

I didn't read the GN.

Me neither. (shrug)

as usual, comic collectors hate another comic movie. i'd give it a B+. it was about what i expected. they did hold back on the violence, but it was still very graphic.

I didn't read the GN.

Me neither. (shrug)

I didn't read the GN either. Saw the flick last night. Enjoyed it. Unexpected scene made me jump once, maybe. When the guy with the rig that had what looked like a huge chainsaw mounted to the front started mowing down the vampires was cool.

Seems like the vampires wasted a lot of blood 'cause it was everywhere.