• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sympathy for the Devil?

28 posts in this topic

"Please allow me to introduce myself...I'm a man of wealth and taste.."

Well not really on both counts but I do like the Stones and thats as good an intro as I could think of.

I've been reading these Comic forums for some months now, in fact almost a year, and decided I'd like to join.

I don't know if I will have anything to contribute, it depends on the threads I suppose.

BUT, I do love Comic Books, and Artwork, I do read the things as well as gaze at them gormlessly thru' Plastic, and I guess that makes me a Collector.

So I'd just thought I'd make this initial post then maybe another late next week, if I feel the urge, which will make me top of The Post List by 2099.

So to everyone, I bid a fond HELLO

Welcome to the boards as well...I am a BIG Stones fans...been listening to them since 64 back in the day when we had the Beatles fans vs Stones fans wars...My brother covers the vinyl and has every 45/picture sleeve/LP some of which are quite valuable these days...

And to riff on your intro (I've told this story before) my Mom was/is a very devout Catholic and when I brought the Beggars Banquet album home for the first time (1969 I was in the 8th grade) my mom was checking it out one day and noticed the song "Sympathy For The Devil" and proceeded to break the album in two and tear the cover in half and proclaimed to me "We don't have any sympathy for the devil in this household!"

(Ah gee ma...)

Tom

I don't mean to derail this welcome, but your brother has the "Street Fighting Man" pic sleeve? If so, I am impressed!

That's the one that's impossible to get right? I don't think he has that one but he has the 45...there may be one or two he doesn't have but I know he has Heart of Stone and a couple of others that are really hard to find in good condition that are worth, I think, in the $500 ea range...Sometimes I get a little hyperbolic to make a point...

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

Big Stones fan myself!

Comic books and rock!

Without those two out of four (2:friends and 1:family), life would not be as great!!!!

Gimmie Shelter, might just be one of the all time greatest rock songs......... hm

I'm sure you'll enjoy it here immensely! I've been on here a few months and am constantly amazed at the knowledge of many members and the collections they have! I loved comics as a kid and left them for quite a few years and am back with more interest than budget. I've gotten some comics I love and have learned much about some of the reasons that people bid up to the stratosphere on specific issues and leave others for people like me. :grin:

Hope you have a similarly wonderful experience here as I have!