• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shill? You tell me....

63 posts in this topic

Exhibit A: Bidding Record:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewBidItems&userid=radiohero21&completed=0&sort=3&all=1&rows=25

Exhibit B: Feedback:

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=radiohero21

Now you're probably thinking this guy just love that seller and buys all his stuff there?

Exhibit C: Auctions

Exhibit C1): Auction won by bidder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33819&item=2191440984

Exhibit C2) Auction currently being bid on by same bidder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2193035623

It's not only quite amazing that the seller has the EXACT same books, in the the EXACT same condition (down to minute details) for sale again, but the bidder who apparently won and paid for these books, wants another EXACT DUPLICATE set of them again??

At what point does this not become a coincidence?

Bad Bad Bettyswallows 893naughty-thumb.gif I'll have to check and see if I ever won anything from them...looks familiar...
Mmmm...bettyswallows sold those suspect Spidey 121 and 129 to the Eugene seller! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Bad Bad Bettyswallows 893naughty-thumb.gif I'll have to check and see if I ever won anything from them...looks familiar...
Mmmm...bettyswallows sold those suspect Spidey 121 and 129 to the Eugene seller! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hmmm. Just a huge ring of scammers!

And they are all from Oregon? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Now who could the mastermind be? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif A certain escaped Texas convict comes to mind, with his Banshee Pricess O' Goth, draped nakedly alongside? Brick and mortar indeed... shocked.gif

And they are all from Oregon? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Now who could the mastermind be? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif A certain escaped Texas convict comes to mind, with his Banshee Pricess O' Goth, draped nakedly alongside? Brick and mortar indeed... shocked.gif

God....we have followed your lead in screwing up Bettyswalls' eBay name. BTW....he/she is from Philly! hi.gif

I brought this up in a prior thread about four months ago......

No doubt in my mind it's a shill and he's been doing this for the last year. He calmed down a bit but the greed must be getting to him as he's shilling with a venegence now.

Jim

It's not only quite amazing that the seller has the EXACT same books, in the the EXACT same condition (down to minute details) for sale again, but the bidder who apparently won and paid for these books, wants another EXACT DUPLICATE set of them again??

This is not a coincidence though.....

The guy has multiples of all these comics. How many copies of GS X-Men #1 and #94 has he sold in the last year? Or ASM #129 for that matter? 50-60 would be conservative estimate in my opinion. Just when you think he can't possibly have any issues left, he starts up again with copies. He obviously has access to distributor copies stuck in a warehouse somewhere.

Jim

Nope. I've bought many comics from him over the last two years or so. When he started he didn't post his auctions to the eBay comics section but in the book section due to not knowing. Could get full runs of ASM 100-130 for $40-50 BINs then. Hell his first BINs for GS X-Men #1 was $100. He obviously has grabbed a copy of Wizard since then.....

Jim

The guy has multiples of all these comics. How many copies of GS X-Men #1 and #94 has he sold in the last year? Or ASM #129 for that matter? 50-60 would be conservative estimate in my opinion. Just when you think he can't possibly have any issues left, he starts up again with copies. He obviously has access to distributor copies stuck in a warehouse somewhere.

Oh I realize this, but look at the auctions again. They're EXACT, right down to the minute condition descriptions (slight tear on upper back edge, etc.) and use the EXACT same photo. The guy obviously has a warehouse find (with a zillion X-Men 94 and GS #1), but to state that he's got exact clones of these issues is pushing it.

Oh I realize this, but look at the auctions again. They're EXACT, right down to the minute condition descriptions (slight tear on upper back edge, etc.) and use the EXACT same photo. The guy obviously has a warehouse find (with a zillion X-Men 94 and GS #1), but to state that he's got exact clones of these issues is pushing it.

Oh I agree. I was just making the point that they "could" be a different batch from the same stacks.

With that said though, if radiohero21 bought the comics they never moved. In fact, he shilled me with the alias on two Daredevil runs he was offering a couple of months ago. Next day after it closed I got an e-mail telling me that "radiohero21" couldn't buy the comics and offered them to me.

And to further prove it's a shill, notice on radiohero21's bidding that he only bids in small increments until the top bid is beat. Usually the next bid will immediately become the top bidder as he only beats it by a dollar or so.

Jim

Oh I realize this, but look at the auctions again. They're EXACT, right down to the minute condition descriptions (slight tear on upper back edge, etc.) and use the EXACT same photo. The guy obviously has a warehouse find ( with a zillion X-Men 94 and GS #1 ), but to state that he's got exact clones of these issues is pushing it.

If this person does have a whole lot of X-Men 94's and GS X-Men #1's then he's going to make a killing when he unloads them, however he might just drive the price on these downward if he unloads too many too quickly(at least if they are very high grade).

If this person does have a whole lot of X-Men 94's and GS X-Men #1's then he's going to make a killing when he unloads them, however he might just drive the price on these downward if he unloads too many too quickly(at least if they are very high grade).

These are usually in the VF to NM range, with most being on the lower end of that scale. He's one big reason why X-Men 94 prices spike wildly at the CGC 9.6-9.8 level, as the 8.5-9.4 range is mighty flush with books.

I can't estimate exact numbers, but he's been selling a few a week for a long while now. Hundreds? Thousands, including his current stock?

Where have you been? He's been unloading them to the tune of one to two a week for the last year. Not all are "very" high grade but some are - which accounts for the same dealers buying them despite high bids rising into the $400 and over range. And when was the last time you saw raw GS X-Men #1 and #94 consistently getting this kind of cash on eBay......

The guy has a seemingly endless supply of them. And ASM #121, #122, #129, GR #1.....

Jim

These are usually in the VF to NM range, with most being on the lower end of that scale. He's one big reason why X-Men 94 prices spike wildly at the CGC 9.6-9.8 level, as the 8.5-9.4 range is mighty flush with books.

I can confirm that at least two have been given CGC 9.6. There have been various 9.4s but I don't know the exact number. A large quantity have flipped as 8.5-9.2 on eBay.

I can't estimate exact numbers, but he's been selling a few a week for a long while now. Hundreds? Thousands, including his current stock?

Don't know either. It turning out to be pretty substantial. He gets very cagey when asked. If he responds to your e-mail at all......

Kind of validates your hoarding theory there Vince......

Jim

I can confirm that at least two have been given CGC 9.6. There have been various 9.4s but I don't know the exact number. A large quantity have flipped as 8.5-9.2 on eBay.

Don't remind me. I had been following his auctions looking for some clean NM copies with no ink stains. I checked a few times a day, and bypassed the "great deal, but ink" ones (BIN $100 to $150), since I wanted a copy for my collection, not to flip.

Then bingo, he lists a beautiful X-Men 94 (likely one of the 9.6's) that he describes as NM or higher, and I got to hit the BIN of $150. Then I notice he's got a comment about some Canuck problem/scam and that he no longer ships here. I hesitate, then email him, but by the time I get the go-ahead, the book is gone....

... along with a few other prime ones I was ready to jump on. That week's listings were all 9.4-9.6 and I missed out due to some insufficiently_thoughtful_person Canuckle-Head ripping the guy off via Paypal.

That was the exact point his books started really taking off, going to $300 and then higher per auction, and his BINs followed along.

Sometimes it sucks to be a Canuck, and I can't tell you how many insane deals I've missed out on. Some would say bid anyway, but I've had some mean run-ins with sellers who refuse to ship here, and get mighty pissed that I bought their comics.

Don't remind me. I had been following his auctions looking for some clean NM copies with no ink stains. I checked a few times a day, and bypassed the "great deal, but ink" ones (BIN $100 to $150), since I wanted a copy for my collection, not to flip.

Then bingo, he lists a beautiful X-Men 94 (likely one of the 9.6's) that he describes as NM or higher, and I got to hit the BIN of $150. Then I notice he's got a comment about some Canuck problem/scam and that he no longer ships here. I hesitate, then email him, but by the time I get the go-ahead, the book is gone....

... along with a few other prime ones I was ready to jump on. That week's listings were all 9.4-9.6 and I missed out due to some insufficiently_thoughtful_person Canuckle-Head ripping the guy off via Paypal.

That was the exact point his books started really taking off, going to $300 and then higher per auction, and his BINs followed along.

Sometimes it sucks to be a Canuck, and I can't tell you how many insane deals I've missed out on. Some would say bid anyway, but I've had some mean run-ins with sellers who refuse to ship here, and get mighty pissed that I bought their comics.

This is sort of a silly question, but why don't you get a U.S. post office box and have books shipped to there. Every month or so take a drive down and pick them up - that might solve your problem with shipping. Just set up a paypal account with a US shipping address and presto chango. I still don't understand though, why there's a problem sending to Canuckleheads anyway? Who cares? You're paying me in US dollars, so what do I care?