• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U.K. Postal Strike

19 posts in this topic

Hey Sterling,

I had a deal going with Anfield Fox the day the strike started. Within a couple of days he told me that he was able to ship and since, I have gotten my books from him. Took about 12 days. He did say in his PM that the strike was starting and then re-starting again, so hopefully one of the UKers can provide complete information.

--S.

Goldust posted that parcels shouldn't be that affected because it wasn't those people on strike. FYI, my package to the UK took around 7-8 days to get delivered although they held it at the office for pick-up according to the tracking.

It's a bit erratic. I've had items posted to me in the last week arrive on time, but I'm also still waiting for several items posted nearly 3 weeks ago!

My understanding is that normal service has been resumed, but they are still working to clear some backlogs.

Very frustrating as I have some nice CGC items floating around out there. Have to wonder whether they're being well cared for :eek:

It's a bit erratic. I've had items posted to me in the last week arrive on time, but I'm also still waiting for several items posted nearly 3 weeks ago!

My understanding is that normal service has been resumed, but they are still working to clear some backlogs.

Very frustrating as I have some nice CGC items floating around out there. Have to wonder whether they're being well cared for :eek:

As greggy mentioned, if your items were sent to you in a box package, it would've been delivered most likely by ParcelForce, who are unaffected by the strike as they are unconnected to the RM - that said, the odd parcel is delivered by the Royal Mail red van service.

The biggest delay will be in Global Priority envelopes, as those are guaranteed to go through the Royal Mail, and they take 5-7 working days anyway. The backlog could mean them taking a good month to reach their destination....

the strike is still affecting certain parts of the country more than others.

certain areas of london and liverpool are still affected with a large backlog.

anything sent now should be fine, any thing sent while the strike was on, is going to take some time.

for reference I have had packages sent during the strikes, take 10-11 days to be delivered purely within the UK, and some of them are only being delivered now.

all international mail routes through Mount Pleasant in London, which will almost certainly be affected more than most depots.

The buyer had a delivery attempted by Parcel Force (PF) on Oct 10th but apparently they did not receive notification. They investigated further and received it yesterday. Phew!

So this boiled down to communications between PF and the customer, and had nothing to do with the strike.

I've actually held off on sending anything for the last week, as our local Sorting Office had advised me to wait a while for the backlog to be reduced, or else I ran risks on it going missing or being outrageously delayed.

Some of the stuff I sent a couple of week ago still hasn't reached it's destination. :(

For those of you who have paid me in the last week or so for stuff, I'm waiting until Friday and mailing everything then. Sorry for the delay, but I'm taking no risks. (thumbs u

My bills are being delivered with alarming regularity. My books, not so much.

Booze Bill hm

Even that's lower than ever. Did you get your book Andrew?