• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
19 19

4,442 posts in this topic

Nice! It doesn't happen very often when a 0.5 book is the highest graded...for SS of course.

Planetary is one of the books that I have thought about completing the set on. I did the 1st 5 years ago and just stopped. Too many other things to get, I reckon. Great book Richie, especially with the trademark Henn "little headsketch."

Two boxes arrived today---a big thank you to Joe Pierson who helped secure my Jim Lee/ Jeph Loeb HUSH Batman storyline on all issues since SDCC!

Wrapped it up at NYC and they look killer, thanks JP!

But this---and my Rom #1 with sketch by Buscema....rocked the Casba.

White pages.

Key bronze book.

BOOM.

Goes the Dynamite.

Checked census and good golly ms molly....there can be only one.

marvelspotlight32A.jpg

This was one of my first Ernie Chan SS books. I was very surprised that this was the highest and ONLY SS for this book. One of the first thumb nail sketches I ever asked for.... Ernie looked horrified when I asked him to draw it... He only agreed to draw a sketch on the UPC, so as not to ruin the "Art". I have to admit that at the time I thought he was being a little dramatic (as in my seven year old daughter dramatic). Now when I look at this book I think he was 100% right. you can judge.

11cap222.png

This was one of my first Ernie Chan SS books. I was very surprised that this was the highest and ONLY SS for this book. One of the first thumb nail sketches I ever asked for.... Ernie looked horrified when I asked him to draw it... He only agreed to draw a sketch on the UPC, so as not to ruin the "Art". I have to admit that at the time I thought he was being a little dramatic (as in my seven year old daughter dramatic). Now when I look at this book I think he was 100% right. you can judge.

11cap222.png

Dramatic. He could have easily fit a tiny little Cap in Lincoln's beard. I've seen that done millions of times. Billions, even.