• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
19 19

4,436 posts in this topic

Highest SS on the census. Detective Comics 45, the first appearance of The Joker in Detective Comics. Signed by Jerry Robinson and Irwin Hasen, he penciled and inked the story "The Lady Cabdriver"

09171100.JPG

amazing!

So I was thinking of bringing that Alan Moore with me to Boston to add a Wrightson sig. However, I know one of the "rules" is to only add sigs from creators that actually worked on the particular comic. So does that mean Wrightson is a no-go? What's the general opinion on having the character's (co)-creator signing the book even though he didn't work on it? Related, what about Swamp Thing 33, which has a cover homage to Wrightson's House of Secrets 92? People, guide me.

So I was thinking of bringing that Alan Moore with me to Boston to add a Wrightson sig. However, I know one of the "rules" is to only add sigs from creators that actually worked on the particular comic. So does that mean Wrightson is a no-go? What's the general opinion on having the character's (co)-creator signing the book even though he didn't work on it? Related, what about Swamp Thing 33, which has a cover homage to Wrightson's House of Secrets 92? People, guide me.

I don't get down on the "co-creators can sign any book where the character appears" logic. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with the logic, I just don't personally like it.

It seems as though it is fairly well accepted in a lot of circles, especially for older creators, where folks want to get sigs on modern, less expensive books (Stan on Marvels, Joe Simon on Cap 25, Romita on Punisher etc.)

I wouldn't get Wrightson on that book. No doubt about that. Get Tom Yeates if you want to add to it.

What happened to the last few posts in this thread? (shrug) Stupid maintenance.

Anyway, Sean I read your post before it disappeared. You make a good point. Much to think about. hm

EDIT: Gah! Now the posts show up! It's crazy in here.

Edited by ryanatlas

What the :censored: were Lucas & Coppola thinking :facepalm:

No disrepect to you Rich lol

:foryou:

Gotta disagree there. I saw Captain EO in January and it's fantastic. No fake. That Yeates is truly inspired work, Rich.

What the :censored: were Lucas & Coppola thinking :facepalm:

No disrepect to you Rich lol

Gotta disagree there. I saw Captain EO in January and it's fantastic. No fake. That Yeates is truly inspired work, Rich.

Well,good that you liked it.

But I think it looks weird lol