• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
18 18

4,427 posts in this topic

See! Veterans and newbies alike get called out in this thread. We're all the same in Fingh's eyes.

Great Scott Book, Rich!

s-l1600.jpg

Test stamp pre-production copy of Cursed Pirate Girl 1 with a "triple hand stamped copper logo." 1 of 1 WOOT!

Very cool book, but I'm afraid it's akin to "only copy signed by ______" books. While very unique, the census rules this thread. According to the census, this book has 19 copies in 9.8, 4 in 9.9, and one in 10.

Again, very cool book, just doesn't fit in this thread.

s-l1600.jpg

Test stamp pre-production copy of Cursed Pirate Girl 1 with a "triple hand stamped copper logo." 1 of 1 WOOT!

Very cool book, but I'm afraid it's akin to "only copy signed by ______" books. While very unique, the census rules this thread. According to the census, this book has 19 copies in 9.8, 4 in 9.9, and one in 10.

Again, very cool book, just doesn't fit in this thread.

For those who don't quite get the rules of the thread, think about sketch blank comics. Every single one of them is obviously unique when drawn on by a different artist. Or I could sign every book I own making them unique, but this thread is more about the census than anything else.

If you look it up on the CGC SS census, and you're at the top by yourself, or you're the only one with a CGC SS book (which automatically means you're at the top by yourself), then your book belongs in this thread. Otherwise, it simply does not belong in this thread, no matter who it is signed by or how many times or in what color, or how rare the sig, or how hot your gf is, or what you ate for breakfast before getting it signed, or how much money you have, or that you personally don't count Stan Lee sigs, or that you got straight A's your sophomore year of college.

Simply put, look at the CGC SS census. If the line your book is on has a 1, and there are no other books above it, your book belongs here. Any other book does not, and can be shown off in any myriad of places that are not here.

Never posted in this thread before but the title is really misleading. Seems only the second part applies and the first part should be taken out.

The "one-of-a-kind" portion refers to the census, as does the "lone top census". "One-of-a-kind" is not meant to mean "unique among similar others". The guidelines for this thread are posted in the first post.

Your comment is noted, however. I've tweeked the title slightly to help make it more clear. This thread is intended to be a gallery of really hard-to-find or impressive books you just don't get a chance to see everyday. Unfortunately, the thread gets bogged down in the rules sometimes.

I also have Lady Death Echoes #1 Instant Edition 9.8 Blue Label. It's not on the census yet, they're just coming back from CGC now. There is currently only 1 9.8 SS on the census, so mine will be the only 9.8 Blue. so, only 2 on the census! yay!

Well, it's not one of a kind, but there are only 9 of these on the census. Strangely all 9.8 SS. Weird!

<a  href=IMAG0831_1_zps0sosudu0.jpg' alt='IMAG083

If there's some confusion about the rules, maybe check out the first post

Only copy of the ASM 607 Newstand Error variant.

s-l1600.jpg

I could be wrong, and its quite cool for sure, but If you look on the CGC SS census you will not see this book. Therefore it doesn't belong in this thread.