• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Sort of... LOOK WHAT I JUST BROUGHT HOME!

70 posts in this topic

Welcome to the boards! I am soooooo jealous of that Theatre of Magic machine.

The Addams Family is also one of the most popular - and expensive - machines of that period, apparently. Congrats on getting one.

One day, I'd like to own an original Gauntlet also. One day in college I played it ALL DAY long on one quarter and became a [geek] celebrity.

Misspent youth, indeed! But good, harmless fun.

Your Hulk pinball machine is freakin' cool. It's funny, I just checked craigslist this morning and someone has a Spiderman pinball machine for sale.

P1010078.jpg

Here's a link. It looks like they even have a video of it working.

Spidey pinball machine

Sweet! Kansas City!! KC/Raytown!!!! That's right where I live too! Oh man, this would be sweet... :juggle:hm

Your Hulk pinball machine is freakin' cool. It's funny, I just checked craigslist this morning and someone has a Spiderman pinball machine for sale.

P1010078.jpg

Spidey pinball machine

Sweet! Kansas City!! KC/Raytown!!!! That's right where I live too! Oh man, this would be sweet... :juggle:hm

I live in an apartment, otherwise I would probably be contacting the seller right now. I'm in Lee's Summit, so if you buy it you have to let me come over and play it.

P1010078.jpg

Spidey pinball machine

Oh god, you should have never have shown me this... consider it sold! :wishluck:

Wow.

Let us know if you get it.

I used to own one about 15 years ago. Nice pin.

I decided to only keep the newer style dot matrix pins so I sold all my 80's pinballs.

All in all I have owned over 100 pinball machines, most of them going on to good homes across the country.

It is a great hobby along with the comics.

:bump:

Well, I've searched long and hard for this machine at a reasonable price and I finally brought it home tonight. :cloud9:

I went to a pinball convention today and bought it there.

There's a story behind this machine. When I was a teenager we had 15 pinball machines that I took care of, rebuilt, repaired, repainted, etc. and this machine was one of them.

My mom got sick of all of the machines in the house and my parents decided to give away 6 of the machines to my Aunt and Uncle who have a foster home. Seeing as how my Aunt and Uncle aren't mechanically or technically inclinded my parents had to give them the machines that were in the best working condition! :mad:

Meaning... the machines that I had spend the most time on repairing and cleaning! :frustrated:

This was one of those machines. Not only were production numbers on this machine fairly low but my begging only caused my parents to conclude that I was just being a perverted teenager. The machine is once again mine. :luhv:

SAM_0294.jpg

SAM_0295.jpg

SAM_0302.jpg

SAM_0303.jpg

SAM_0304.jpg

:gossip: and this is comic related, sort of... Little Annie Fannie is hidden on there.

Well, I've searched long and hard for this machine at a reasonable price and I finally brought it home tonight. :cloud9:

There's a story behind this machine. When I was a teenager we had 15 pinball machines that I took care of, rebuilt, repaired, repainted, etc. and this machine was one of them.

My mom got sick of all of the machines in the house and my parents decided to give away 6 of the machines to my Aunt and Uncle who have a foster home. Seeing as how my Aunt and Uncle aren't mechanically or technically inclinded my parents had to give them the machines that were in the best working condition! :mad:

Meaning... the machines that I had spend the most time on repairing and cleaning! :frustrated:

This was one of those machines. Not only were production numbers on this machine fairly low but my begging only caused my parents to conclude that I was just being a perverted teenager. The machine is once again mine. :luhv:

:gossip: and this is comic related, sort of... Little Annie Fannie is hidden on there.

Pinball conventions? Bet they would be a blast. Is $700 the going rate for a old pinball machine. Are their some machines that sell for much more because of rarity?

OR you could always build one of these and play video pinball and any arcade game you want...Has over 5,000 arcade games from Asteroids to some of the latest games and everything in between.

Captain Americade

4369963803_8c60544fd6_o.jpg4370713088_e83c3ace47_b.jpg

4369963789_a91a02dce7_o.jpg

4370781072_7dc14e0f22_o.jpg

Pinball conventions? Bet they would be a blast. Is $700 the going rate for a old pinball machine. Are their some machines that sell for much more because of rarity?

In all honesty, $700 for this machine is a STEAL! :)

There's a non-working one on eBay right now for $800

They usually sell for between $1500-$2500

This thread bums me out. It makes me miss my original Black Knight machine. In my opinion, ther greatest pinball game ever!

"Will you challenge the Black Knight again?"

They had a nice Black Knight there for a great price. $1000

The last Black Knight I saw sell was about a year ago at an auction my wife and I attended and it sold for $2500

SAM_0326.jpg

SAM_0327.jpg

SAM_0328.jpg

Don, I am insanely jealous. This, Mata Hari, and Bobby Orr's Power Play are my favorite machines from the late 70's. The Elton John machine is pretty high on my list. I always thought I'd have a couple of these by this point in life, and have come close a number of times. Closest I came was on a sweet Fun House, perhaps my all time favorite machine.

By the way, that's a tremendous price. It sounds like you can do a lot of the work yourself, so you are all set.

Don, I am insanely jealous. This, Mata Hari, and Bobby Orr's Power Play are my favorite machines from the late 70's. The Elton John machine is pretty high on my list. I always thought I'd have a couple of these by this point in life, and have come close a number of times. Closest I came was on a sweet Fun House, perhaps my all time favorite machine.

By the way, that's a tremendous price. It sounds like you can do a lot of the work yourself, so you are all set.

Paul, Power Play was one of my favorite games that we had when I was younger. That one went to my Aunt and Uncle also. :P

They did not have one at the convention but they did have these:

SAM_0291.jpg

SAM_0297.jpg

Thats cool !! Did you ever play one called Fireball ? You could get 3 balls goin all at the same time . Crazy fun :luhv:

The convention was definitely a lot of fun. Free play was set on all the machines. Although cool, there's no way I'd buy a mechanical machine simply because they weight a ton and I don't know anything about fixing them.

Eight Ball was the first fully digital machine and was the highest produced. That was the last one my parents kept before finally selling it also. In pinball "speak" the referencing mechanical versus digitial means that instead of circuit boards and digitial LEDs everything was done with mechanisms. Scoring on mechanical machines is like a car odometer where each number clicks around. Usually the body of a mechanical machine is FULL of mechanisms whereas digital machines are just circuit boards and are relatively light.