• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One More Day (second half) teaser...

44 posts in this topic

Loki would make perfect sense. If you've been reading JMS' run you'd understand why. That's who it has to be. Any takers?

Thanks for pointing that out.

I still have a bad feeling about this whole storyline, but then I've never been a good judge of what will be popular (me (as a kid): Who would ever want New X-Men? I mean this starts at issue 94 of that lame old X-men series? And it has that dorky Wolverine guy from Hulk 181. Sure glad I didn't get that issue!).

I was fairly sure that it wouldn't be Ezekial, DD, Iron Man, Venom, or Scarlet Witch.

I just can't see (again, not having read the current Spider-Man and kinda sorta getting into the Ditko era stuff) how the remaining four (and is Val really back in her old costume?) could be tied into the the Spidey mythos without some Hulk-sized shoehorn.

But, then, I've never read much Thor either... :sorry:

They are going to reveal that Gwen is alive and being held in regenerative status in a Skrull prison since being nabbed prior to her Paris trip (ASM #90s) and the one that died was a Skrull. The Super Skrull is going to help free her. Peter is going to be conflicted as Gwen will wake-up and not remember anything that occurred. She will emerge still loving Peter. This will rekindle the flame and Peter will leave MJ as a result.

This will also solve the Gwen/Osborne rape problem as well...

Jim

They are going to reveal that Gwen is alive and being held in regenerative status in a Skrull prison since being nabbed prior to her Paris trip (ASM #90s) and the one that died was a Skrull. The Super Skrull is going to help free her. Peter is going to be conflicted as Gwen will wake-up and not remember anything that occurred. She will emerge still loving Peter. This will rekindle the flame and Peter will leave MJ as a result.

Jim

the only thing wrong with that is that who you refer to as Gwen is really the original Gwen Stacy's daughter, so I have doubts that Peter would go for his dead-ex-girlfriends daughter who is also the progeny of Norman Osborne

Jim

the only thing wrong with that is that who you refer to as Gwen is really the original Gwen Stacy's daughter, so I have doubts that Peter would go for his dead-ex-girlfriends daughter who is also the progeny of Norman Osborne

No, I'm talking about the late-60s/early-70s original Gwen. She would have been nabbed prior to her Paris trip (ASM #80-90?) and replaced with a Skrull. The Skrull would have been the one who slept with Osborne and had the children. The original Gwen would be the one coming back. She comes back and Peter will not know what to do since he's really never gotten over her...

He leaves MJ and starts one more day with Gwen...with some girl problems maybe but one more day it is...

Jim

The resolution to "One More Day" is arguably as bad, quite possibly worse, than the reveal that Gwen had sex with, and bore the spawn of, Norman Osborne. It's about as lame a solution for fixing certain problems as you are going to get.

The only thing I can think of that comes close is when the Spider-Clone was presented as the original, the implication of which was that fans had been following the adventures of the wrong guy for two decades.

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT (regarding another Marvel title)

I haven't read a single issue, so I don't know what this conflict is. Only chimed in here to respond to the the poster that said that Loki is behind it all.

Wouldn't that be a direct rip-off of Mark Millar's story in Ultimates Vol. 2?

Said poster did note that JMS was writing it. He has been known to pull direct rip-off's before (See Supreme Power character Dr. Spectrum / Miracleman).