• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One More Day (second half) teaser...

44 posts in this topic

The reveal of what happens has been posted in LITG before and it comes right from JMS about Doc Strange...I believe it was in CBG or CSN?

I read that spoiler as well.

And if Peter Really takes that option he is a

That would be cool if the real Gwen was somehow still alive and came back.

I still think that they should figure out what REALLY happened to MJ and Peter's baby...the one that Alison Mongraine took under direct order of Osborn, and then they told Pete that MJ had a miscarriage.

We all know that little May Parker is running around out there somewhere.

I think that ultimately, Kevin Smith & that whatisname writer from LOST who did like, what...TWO issues of Hulk vs Wolverine before his pencil broke...see, he's already forgetable....THOSE two guys should write and Quesada draws the book...

We might actually see it before my grandkids drop dead.

The reveal of what happens has been posted in LITG before and it comes right from JMS about Doc Strange...I believe it was in CBG or CSN?

Anyone got a link to that?

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT (regarding another Marvel title)

I haven't read a single issue, so I don't know what this conflict is. Only chimed in here to respond to the the poster that said that Loki is behind it all.

Wouldn't that be a direct rip-off of Mark Millar's story in Ultimates Vol. 2?

Said poster did note that JMS was writing it. He has been known to pull direct rip-off's before (See Supreme Power character Dr. Spectrum / Miracleman).

Apples and oranges, Loki isn't behind anything here, Peter Parker is desperate to find someone... ANYONE who can save Aunt May from dying from the bullet fired by the Kingpin's assassin. So Aunt May's situation is definitely the Kingpin's fault (i.e. behind it all) and that was dealt with already in ASM.

As it has been pointed out, Loki does owe Peter a favor for helping him with his daughter earlier in JMS' run, but when dealing with a trickster god what you get isn't always what you asked for. It's not in his nature to do good.

LITG?

Can someone post a link....?

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT (regarding another Marvel title)

I haven't read a single issue, so I don't know what this conflict is. Only chimed in here to respond to the the poster that said that Loki is behind it all.

Wouldn't that be a direct rip-off of Mark Millar's story in Ultimates Vol. 2?

Said poster did note that JMS was writing it. He has been known to pull direct rip-off's before (See Supreme Power character Dr. Spectrum / Miracleman).

Apples and oranges, Loki isn't behind anything here, Peter Parker is desperate to find someone... ANYONE who can save Aunt May from dying from the bullet fired by the Kingpin's assassin. So Aunt May's situation is definitely the Kingpin's fault (i.e. behind it all) and that was dealt with already in ASM.

As it has been pointed out, Loki does owe Peter a favor for helping him with his daughter earlier in JMS' run, but when dealing with a trickster god what you get isn't always what you asked for. It's not in his nature to do good.

Well Loki's daughter dont remeber/know him and it Kills Loki...

So Loki says I'll help you so we are even!

Loki Helps Peter but everyone forgets something/someone in Peters life.

Peter says you Screwed me.. Loki says they are Even.

thats how I see it

Highlight only if you want to read the info from Lying in the Gutters (from Sept. 24), with a final comment by me:

However, according to Straczynski, this will be his toughest choice ever. “The choice he is given is this: ‘I can save your aunt’s life. But in return I want your marriage, your love, that which gives you your joy and your strength’. If he says yes, then everything related to the marriage – all memory and evidence of it – will be erased from the world. If he doesn’t say yes, Aunt May does. What would you do?”

"The new arc ("Brand New Day") will bring much that's new to Peter's life. “The first few months consist of all-new villians and some new supporting characters. There's not really room for love interests in Peter's life, so we're looking a lot at the Bugle staff and other parts of his social life.”

I hear this also applies to the revealing of his identity to the general public, as there’s no way he would ever get a job at the Bugle if everyone knew he was Spider-Man.

They are going to reveal that Gwen is alive and being held in regenerative status in a Skrull prison since being nabbed prior to her Paris trip (ASM #90s) and the one that died was a Skrull. The Super Skrull is going to help free her. Peter is going to be conflicted as Gwen will wake-up and not remember anything that occurred. She will emerge still loving Peter. This will rekindle the flame and Peter will leave MJ as a result.

This will also solve the Gwen/Osborne rape problem as well...

Jim

the only thing wrong with that is that who you refer to as Gwen is really the original Gwen Stacy's daughter, so I have doubts that Peter would go for his dead-ex-girlfriends daughter who is also the progeny of Norman Osborne

No, I'm talking about the late-60s/early-70s original Gwen. She would have been nabbed prior to her Paris trip (ASM #80-90?) and replaced with a Skrull. The Skrull would have been the one who slept with Osborne and had the children. The original Gwen would be the one coming back. She comes back and Peter will not know what to do since he's really never gotten over her...

He leaves MJ and starts one more day with Gwen...with some girl problems maybe but one more day it is...

Jim

Ah, but then which Gwen was cloned in the 140s? hm

Ah, but then which Gwen was cloned in the 140s? hm

Turns out she wasn't a real clone at all but a girl Warren used to mimic Gwen. The resolution was revealed in a Spectaular Spider-Man Annual during the Evolutionary War crossover...if I remember right...

Jim

What they refer to as the first Clone Saga was resolved in ASM 150 - the appearance of the Gwen clone in the 140's, the Jackal being revealed as the cloner (and the end of his 20 issues of being a nuisance) Prof. Miles Warren and the fight between Spidey and his clone.

The second Clone Saga is what most of us refer to as THE Clone Saga, the mess where the supposedly dead Spider-Clone reappears and more clones of Spider-Man and Gwen appear along with the Jackal himself.

What they refer to as the first Clone Saga was resolved in ASM 150 - the appearance of the Gwen clone in the 140's, the Jackal being revealed as the cloner (and the end of his 20 issues of being a nuisance) Prof. Miles Warren and the fight between Spidey and his clone.

The second Clone Saga is what most of us refer to as THE Clone Saga, the mess where the supposedly dead Spider-Clone reappears and more clones of Spider-Man and Gwen appear along with the Jackal himself.

]

Yeah...I knew...was just wishing it hadn't...

I personally had no problem with the initial intent of the second Clone Saga. I only got irritated when Marvel blinked and dragged it out for a year and a half...

Jim

Highlight only if you want to read the info from Lying in the Gutters (from Sept. 24), with a final comment by me:

However, according to Straczynski, this will be his toughest choice ever. The choice he is given is this: I can save your aunts life. But in return I want your marriage, your love, that which gives you your joy and your strength. If he says yes, then everything related to the marriage all memory and evidence of it will be erased from the world. If he doesnt say yes, Aunt May does. What would you do?

"The new arc ("Brand New Day") will bring much that's new to Peter's life. The first few months consist of all-new villians and some new supporting characters. There's not really room for love interests in Peter's life, so we're looking a lot at the Bugle staff and other parts of his social life.

I hear this also applies to the revealing of his identity to the general public, as theres no way he would ever get a job at the Bugle if everyone knew he was Spider-Man.

OH MY GOD

Well, think of it as a chance to get everything right again. I am sure Marvel will use this opportunity to achieve something no less than a "senses-shattering" event in the life of our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. :wishluck:

Then again, you could be right and it will suck camel toes. :sick:

Well, think of it as a chance to get everything right again. I am sure Marvel will use this opportunity to achieve something no less than a "senses-shattering" event in the life of our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. :wishluck:

Then again, you could be right and it will suck camel toes. :sick:

... or camel-toes... :cloud9: