• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I may have been a bit enthusiastic...

13 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! my snipe was a good bit higher & I am REALLY glad it wasn't pushed any further! Yeah, I don't care much about spidey these days, but Frenz era Hobgoblin saga ASMs are among my most fond comic reading memories when I was a kid. I didn't see it before as I only look sporadically. How high did it go without meeting reserve last time?

sweet page !

I know all about overenthusiastic sniping... never even did it once when it only collected comics, but since I started with OA I've gone loopy :o

Won a couple of pages fro $350 the other day, while I had set my snipe at $1100 :makepoint:

Good thing it flew under the radar

yeah, the trouble is the whole "Only one in the world" thing. Makes it tough to be calm. Comics, Ahhh... they always come around again, It's much easier to be frugal there. I low balled Chilling Tales #13 for about 3 years until I finally got one at a price I wanted to pay (My Avatar).

sweet page !

I know all about overenthusiastic sniping... never even did it once when it only collected comics, but since I started with OA I've gone loopy :o

Won a couple of pages fro $350 the other day, while I had set my snipe at $1100 :makepoint:

Good thing it flew under the radar

I've done the same exact thing a couple times. It really made me wonder about how I personally value certain pieces. It feels good to get a piece you wanted for way less than you expected to pay though.

doh!

well I'm glad everyone was away last time or I wouldn't have had a shot!

As for Frenz as an artist, it's pure nostalgia for me. I was 11 when I found the ASM hobby saga at my local 7-11, so that is magic for me. With original art I can't really afford any artist I like for artistic merit, so I collect purely by Nostalgia.