• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beowulf on the big screen.

35 posts in this topic

I'm in the 'it looks like ' camp as well.

It just doesn't look visually appealing.

Not the whole 'they look too human to be human' thing...as I don't think they look at all realistic.

It just looks like a poor cgi offering.

I'm in the 'it looks like ' camp as well.

It just doesn't look visually appealing.

Not the whole 'they look too human to be human' thing...as I don't think they look at all realistic.

It just looks like a poor cgi offering.

Yeah, ditto for me as well.

I would just like to know how many of you people who are taking a pass, went to the theater and saw either Fantastic Four? Hypocrites.

Huh? Your post makes no sense at all. FF2 (which I didn't see either in the theater) wasn't all CGI. Only select elements.

Yeh - talk about selective reasoning..............

Um, nothing "selective" about it. Check out his IMDB page. He has directed quite a few good films, but his producing credits look like a rundown of some of the worst films of the last 15 years....and that's not counting some of the ones I haven't seen. In any case, I have ZERO faith that Hollywood can put together a mas-market, sincere and respectful translation of classic literature. I have been disappointed way too many times. This one looks like another overblown CGC fest...and Angelina Jolie sucks at acting, I don't care what anyone says. Sure, she is hot, but her performances are cringe-worthy more often than not.

I would just like to know how many of you people who are taking a pass, went to the theater and saw either Fantastic Four? Hypocrites.

Nope and nope. Didn't see Ghost Rider, Spidey 3, Underworld 2 or any other movie that looks like it leans on loud noises and shiny things to sell tickets either.

How does not wanting to see a movie because it's visually unappealing jibe with having seen FF 1 and 2?

(shrug)

I`ll most likely check it out, but i must say i look at it like photo realistic art.

I always look at it and think why did`nt they just take a picture. hm

In this case i fear i`ll spend most of the movie thinking why did`nt they just get real actors. (shrug)

How does not wanting to see a movie because it's visually unappealing jibe with having seen FF 1 and 2?

(shrug)

I am referring to the "sucks" factor.