• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Giant Size X-men #1

18 posts in this topic

Giant Size X-men #1

Notes: The corner is not bent but rounded over due to a slight overhang on the right hand side. Picked this up as part of a collection some months back.

GS-X-men-1-fc.jpg

GS-X-men-1-bc.jpg

I'll dive in head first and go w/ a 9.0 give or take a few points. This is a tough one given the wear on each corner on the front cover, but the back looks great as does the rest of the front. Really nice book (thumbs u

This might be CGC worthy (I've seen some crazy things with books I've submitted) and definitely is vs. the #94 you have posted.

These should probably be slabbed before selling. You could probably make a solid run at a 9.0 and maybe a 9.2. URC crease with color break and the 4 corners could be a little sharper. That's it. Great looking book!

8.5, due to blunted LLC and crease 3/4 way down spine in back. Nice looking book, bright white.

Damn! Good eye- I missed that one. Looks like I finally overgraded on one :) I still think it could make a run for 9.0, but I think 9.2 is out. STILL probably worth slabbing though.

I'm in at 8.0 Presents very well from the scans.. But the overall wear keeps it out of a higher grade IMHO. Nice book to have slabbed. Sidenote: After what seemed a war with me and "The Hammer" I got a then CGG now PGX 9.9 White Pages copy. The seller was/is known for pulling some utter BS!! But the book I received is indeed the nicest copy I have ever seen. It's the nicest book I own to date.

I'm going to be the lowest I guess at 7.5 to 7.0 range. That corner is definitely colour breaking based on the scan, I just can't see how it couldn't be in real life. Regardless I have this book with no corners out CGC'd at 7.5 and it looks pretty tight.

So ya I'll go 7.0 - 7.5, no way this book is 9.0 or 9.2 with that corner.