• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks who is doing Signature editions now

29 posts in this topic

Not as nice as the yellow :P

Dude, this is deja vu... their description of the "Signature Service" is pretty much word for word the description I wrote for CGC to describe the Signature Series label.

(tsk)

Send them a bill. Or talk to one of the lawyers on the boards and see if anything can be done. Let me know too, cause they copied almost everything I wrote for the CGC site also.

And if I spelled something wrong, I ment to do it. To prove plagerisim. Yeah, that's it. :whistle:

They paraphrased a little bit here:

Due to customer demand, PGX is proud to offer it's new Signature Edition service. This service allows customers to have any of their favorite artists, authors, inkers, pencilers, etc. sign their books without the worry of having to ever prove that signature again!

There have always been concerns surrounding signature authentication and verification. Now there is a solution!

Collectors can have their comic books and comic magazines signed by their favorite creators in the presence of an exclusive CGC authorized witness. These comics can then be authenticated, graded and certified by CGC under the prestigious CGC Signature Series label.

-----

And here:

Once your book is signed in front of a PGX authorized signature witness, it is immediately shipped off, confirmed, graded and then certified by PGX. These books will be readily identifiable by their unique PGX Silver Chrome Signature label.

After the comic book or comic magazine is signed in the presence of a CGC employee or CGC authorized witness, the book is immediately submitted to CGC for grading and encapsulation in CGC's patented, tamper-evident holder, to become a treasured part of your collection.

------

Aside from some changes in the first sentence, it's pretty much the same text with PGX substituted for CGC:

The PGX Signature Edition label is given to comic books that have been signed by someone of importance to the comic, under the direct observation of a PGX employee or one of our select PGX authorized witnesses. Theese authenticated signatures are then noted on the PGX label as to who signed the book, the date it was signed, and if possible, the location of where it was signed.

The prestigious CGC Signature Series label (yellow) is applied to comic books that have been signed by someone of significance to the comic, under the direct observation of a CGC employee or select CGC authorized witness. The signatures are then authenticated by CGC with the labels indicating who signed the book, the date it was signed, and in some cases the location of where it was signed.

Not even really addressing the fact that they have once again superficially copied a CGC service tier.

It's like buying knock-off toys from China to save a buck. They may look similar, but the knock-off's made out of garbage. When they break you know where to find the real thing.

That's all you do when a kid copies another kid's test or essay - Send them to detention? When I went to school it was suspension or expulsion.... and, of course, a failing grade.

How about cleaning up in the lunchroom too... (shrug)