• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA BEST ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES POLL: FINAL ROUND

GA ARTISTS POLL  

288 members have voted

1. 1. GA ARTISTS POLL

115 posts in this topic

What difference does it make? The same thing happens in presidential elections. (shrug)

Maybe but THIS is important! :sumo:

:jokealert:

lol Well, in answer to Ze-Man's question, like most polls this one has a margin of error for sure, but I think in general the results are pretty representative. During this whole process of comparing these guys, all of whom are very talented, I think Frazetta and Eisner do stand out as being far ahead of their contemporaries. Just my 2c

Jeff

I am very surprised that people are looking at Frazetta fantasy paintings done in the 60s and 70s as reasons why he's a great artist, yet not acknowledging the rich visual vocabulary that Eisner developed in comics in the 40s and 50s.

Could you imagine what Eisner could have done if he worked in film? Maybe then he would have gotten proper recognition.

Looks like Frank Frazetta is our winner! Congrats to Frank and thanks to all that voted and contributed to this poll. I think many of us have a greater appreciation for the work of these brilliant artists having been exposed to it :applause:

Angelo

Thanks Watcher, it was a lot of fun, and I did indeed learn a lot about the GA. I'm sure I just scratched the surface, but it's made me very interested in learning more.

A worthy winner. I think it shows his unparalleled drawing skills that he could win without having a defining series or without really working on superhero titles.