• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA BEST ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES POLL: FINAL ROUND

GA ARTISTS POLL  

288 members have voted

1. 1. GA ARTISTS POLL

115 posts in this topic

Time to get some shill action going.

Wait....What? I've been shilling for Eisner pretty much since this poll started. Oh, right... nevermind.

Does anyone have a copy of the February 25, 1951 Spirit story they could share? The first P'Gell story correct?

No. 10/6/46 was her first appearaqnce

This is it. High noon. Showdown! The top two remain to duke it out for the title. Vote off your least favorite artist.

It's down to two. Less favorite!

Jack in pedantic mode

I follow the Trooper School of readding & righting (thumbs u

This is it. High noon. Showdown! The top two remain to duke it out for the title. Vote off your least favorite artist.

Jack in pedantic mode

whut? Dont git it. (shrug)

Jack in pedantic mode

whut? Dont git it. (shrug)

Git 'R Dun!!!

Jack in pedantic mode

?????

r u sure? u didn't mention bazongas.

Jack

or beer

Jack in pedantic mode

?????

r u sure? u didn't mention bazongas.

Jack

or beer

Mmmmmm...bozangas :cloud9:

Does anyone have a copy of the February 25, 1951 Spirit story they could share? The first P'Gell story correct?

No. 10/6/46 was her first appearaqnce

Thanks for the information. Here's the source of my confusion. I would have posted this earlier, but was hoping someone had the color version to share.

(from The Spirit no.67 - Kitchen Sink Press 1990)

spirit_6709a.jpg

spirit_6710a.jpg

spirit_6711a.jpg

spirit_6712a.jpg

spirit_6713a.jpg

spirit_6714a.jpg

spirit_6715a.jpg

I'll probably get banished from the boards for this...but that didn't thrill me. I had trouble following the flow of the story.

M. Daufan is actually The Octopus, the Spirit's arch nemesis, in disguise. His face has never been shown. The only thing you ever see are the gloves with the three stripes on them. He's after P'Gell and concocted this scheme to use the police to find her so he could exact his revenge. Hope this helps to clear it up some.

I am just going to throw this out there.

While this was obviously only a poll for entertainment purposes, and was extremely fun I might add. Since both Eisner and Frazetta deserve to at least be mentioned in anyone's top 5 list it makes me wonder how many "shill, I dont give a f but voted anyways , oops I messed up and voted for the wrong guy, or my friend asked me to vote for so and so" votes were made that skewed the actual board consensus?

Or does the poll really convey just how excellent both artists were? :insane: Cause I honestly thought Eisner was gonna walk away with it.

For the record I voted for Frazetta.

Ze-