• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have your favorite comic book covers made into posters!

38 posts in this topic

Have your favorite comic book covers made into posters!

000_0404.jpg

Posters are 15"x21"

Mounted on GatorBoard (firm black foam backing).

Printed from a Canon IPF700 wide format printer.

Color Touched covers -- that is blemishes are eliminated.

Recommended .jpg file resolution: 150 dpi.

If located in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, I maybe able to deliver, or meet somewhere.

Elsewhere, posters are shipped UPS. Estimated shipping cost is $25.

Cost per poster: $45.

000_0405.jpg

Email your .jpg file to tabcom@hotmail.com.

50% deposit -- paypal account: username: tabcom@hotmail.com.

Because the covers are cleaned up of blemishes, it may take as long as a week for me to have the poster made.

I will email you a paypal invoice for the remaining balance + shipping.

Poster is either shipped UPS -- if delivery arrangements are not made.

Thank you for your interest,

tabcom

T. A. Bush's COMputer

15x21 is a little odd considering the IPF700 can do 36" (which would make your theoretical limit 36 x 48).

You'd have to have a huge file though... and an extremely high resolution scan.

I would love to do stuff like this if I had the hardware. (thumbs u

Someone set up at the Boston show had BIG posters of comic covers. The were like 4ft by 3ft and not backed. They looked great from a distance but closer up they were noticably blocky. Maybe at 15x21 you avoid this issue? Especially with an enlarged 150dpi scan.

15x21 is a little odd considering the IPF700 can do 36" (which would make your theoretical limit 36 x 48).

You'd have to have a huge file though... and an extremely high resolution scan.

I would love to do stuff like this if I had the hardware. (thumbs u

15x21 looks just right on my walls. 150 dpi jpgs look great no matter how big you enlarge them.

I also have access to a 60" wide Canon -- so if you wanted to make a billboard size poster of your comic, I could do that.

Someone set up at the Boston show had BIG posters of comic covers. The were like 4ft by 3ft and not backed. They looked great from a distance but closer up they were noticably blocky. Maybe at 15x21 you avoid this issue? Especially with an enlarged 150dpi scan.

It doesn't matter what size you enlarge the poster. It is all about how many dots per inch are in the jpg file source.

Very nice! hm

Are these printed on a glossy paper stock then "glued?" to the Gatorboard?

I have seen some (ECCC 2006) that were done on a canvass and stretched over a fra :popcorn:me.

John

Probably overprinted and then spray mounted to the foamcore board. Then cut to size. (to get the full bleed)

Very nice! hm

I have seen some (ECCC 2006) that were done on a canvass and stretched over a fra :popcorn:me.

John

Probably overprinted and then spray mounted to the foamcore board. Then cut to size. (to get the full bleed)

Thanks Shin!

John (thumbs u

Very nice! hm

I have seen some (ECCC 2006) that were done on a canvass and stretched over a frame. :popcorn:

John

Here are a couple of cover recreation stretched on canvas over a frame. I got them from John V at the SD comic-con! :)

DSCN5488.jpg

DSCN5489.jpg

These are very cool! Does the company have their own archives or is someone supposed to send in the image? It'd be great if you could get some of those images from the Heritage catalogues...

RT: I just got the 4 Beatles Richard Avedon 1967 pyschedelic photos (authentic with certification, saw them in a place called I believe Europeon Posters in Lahaina, Maui on vacation this summer) and they are about 18x24 mounted on linen.

I've got a pretty sweet deal at work where the folks that do our reproduction will print out any photo or image on canvas and stretch it like some of those you've shown. I can get them made to pretty large sizes....so it's very cool.

This thread has made me realize that I want to go get a couple of my books done.

It looks like your posters are a great deal .....very cool.

I've got a pretty sweet deal at work where the folks that do our reproduction will print out any photo or image on canvas and stretch it like some of those you've shown. I can get them made to pretty large sizes....so it's very cool.

This thread has made me realize that I want to go get a couple of my books done.

It looks like your posters are a great deal .....very cool.