• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Tales of Suspense #40

27 posts in this topic

you guys were off on this one...CGC gave this one a 9.0

Congrats!

I'm not sure what the 7.X guys were seeing.

I don't see anything preventing at 8.0 here but you managed even better.

you guys were off on this one...CGC gave this one a 9.0

you a relative of nik?

I've been thinking the same thing.......... :grin:

gcox has been pulling about two grades higher than the forum has been guessing - sweet.............. (thumbs u

1. PQ goes a long way for the structural grade - obviously, he's got it. :applause:

2. He's posting large scans here, and many of our colleagues still don't know how to read large scans (or grade for that matter lol )

3. CGC (and just about every collector) tend to bump up ever-so-slightly when you are evaluating a suh-weet key issue or early Marvel in hand - it's human nature to grade your JIM 83, AF15, and TOS39 a little softer than say ASM 31. hm

My 2c

1. PQ goes a long way for the structural grade - obviously, he's got it. :applause:

2. He's posting large scans here, and many of our colleagues still don't know how to read large scans (or grade for that matter lol )

3. CGC (and just about every collector) tend to bump up ever-so-slightly when you are evaluating a suh-weet key issue or early Marvel in hand - it's human nature to grade your JIM 83, AF15, and TOS39 a little softer than say ASM 31. hm

My 2c

I agree on the grading the keys and early Marvels ... the older the book the less flaws one sees ;)

I also have to say that I find it hard to grade large scans with the new discussion software as we seem to get the left-right scroll bar more often (because of the added left column?) I usually hit reply and can see the full scan then, but then I can't see the other responses as easily.

Just needed to say that.