• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This just in... new moderns in your collection...

319 posts in this topic

I couldn't find a thread like this in the Modern forums, so... post your new modern CGC book, raw copies just out of the long box or off the newsstand, even your latest TPB. Let other folks know what you're picking up and what it looks like. Here are a few to get the ball rolling...

46856-asxmen2198wvc.jpg.37250330129b034b6c62436693c2c463.jpg

46858-xmen46298w.jpg.74d2f68887168fba00b544dacff34d24.jpg

46859-ss1493.jpg.229a54e459734e610e111de4d0b24ee3.jpg

I hadn't seen that Cap #14 until the other day. Very nice. (thumbs u

I also know what you mean, I am not a Wolverine fan, but that cover to 55. I had to have it. I am also looking for the inspiration cover - Crime Suspenstories #22.

I also know what you mean, I am not a Wolverine fan, but that cover to 55. I had to have it. I am also looking for the inspiration cover - Crime Suspenstories #22.

Same here. I've got one as well. Just too cool a cover to pass up. :cloud9:

My first Moderns ....now reading CA #1 and moving forward. Captain America (Brubaker) is blowing me away with story and art - and I hated Moderns!!

There's alot of good stuff out there. I think Brubaker's Daredevil is better than Cap. Actually, Daredevil has been great since Bendis took over the writing. I recommend the entire run starting at the arc "Underboss". Once Bendis left the book, Brubaker picked right up where he left off and didn't miss a beat. Easily Marvel's best and most consistent title of the last 5 years.

There's alot of good stuff out there. I think Brubaker's Daredevil is better than Cap. Actually, Daredevil has been great since Bendis took over the writing. I recommend the entire run starting at the arc "Underboss". Once Bendis left the book, Brubaker picked right up where he left off and didn't miss a beat. Easily Marvel's best and most consistent title of the last 5 years.

Sounds good, may give the DD a try. Is there any decent DC superhero moderns? Corp Wars maybe? At my core, I am a Bronze DC man, but the DC moderns that I've looked at kinda looked like .

DD and Cap, two seriously top notch hero books. Not much better right now if you are looking for dudes in spandex. Just wrapped up the latest Cap arc 30 minutes ago, great stuff.

DD from Underboss to current is probably the best long distance run on any book I've ever read.

Sounds good, may give the DD a try. Is there any decent DC superhero moderns? Corp Wars maybe? At my core, I am a Bronze DC man, but the DC moderns that I've looked at kinda looked like .

Here's a list of good DC stuff you may enjoy that are all available in trades:

Superman/Batman (the first three arcs were especially good)

Batman: The Long Halloween (second behind Dark Knight Returns for best Batman story ever)

Green Lantern: Rebirth (this was the mini that returns Hal to his rightful place as the real GL)

All-Star Superman (I think you can only get it in hardcover right now. But, if you're a fan of the older stuff, this will be right up your alley. Great one-and-done stuff)

DD from Underboss to current is probably the best long distance run on any book I've ever read.

Couldn't agree more. Someday this book/run will get the full respect it deserves. Month in and month out it is one of the better books printed.

Pat

Why does CGC note that newsstand editions exist on your DM ASM #529? Doesn't make sense as most Marvels during this time have newsstand price variants...

And why aren't the newsstand versions you have annotated as price variants?

Jim

The GL Sinestro war is a fun read, think the hard cover got solicited this month and is worth a pickup

Why does CGC note that newsstand editions exist on your DM ASM #529? Doesn't make sense as most Marvels during this time have newsstand price variants...

And why aren't the newsstand versions you have annotated as price variants?

Jim

I've been begging them for years to note the newsstand price variants on the label. :frustrated: