• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's some page scans on the FF1 won at Heritage...

43 posts in this topic

This cat aman619 has tried before to derail any conversations I've had on the FF1, Maybe he was the runner up in the auction and is bitter???

I think he`s just trying to make the point that a rather large percentage of your posts so far have been about your FF 1 (granted, it`s a nice copy). As an old-timer on these boards, he`s sensitive to anyone who comes on and appears to be trying to use the regular, non-sale forums to pimp his books. Perhaps if you joined in some other conversations, or showed some of your books besides the FF 1, his (and others`) spider-sense wouldn`t be going off.

P.S--Given the quality of his collection, I seriously doubt aman made his post because he`s envious of your copy. :gossip:

Plus, the dork Ben from Oz said that he was the underbidder.

Even if he had won the FF 1, it would rank only second in his collection, behind Harley`s autograph.

This one is for buttinski (Aman619). How DID they get the hand print on your face in Castaway. Did mom hard slap you for NOT taking out the garbage??

By the way, show us something from YOUR end. Or are you JUST accumulating posts...Get a life son!

And it's a volleyball a-dunce619!

:popcorn: Isn't football enough agression for Sunday? Yeesh!

BTW Nice AF #15 :cloud9:

This cat aman619 has tried before to derail any conversations I've had on the FF1, Maybe he was the runner up in the auction and is bitter???

I think he`s just trying to make the point that a rather large percentage of your posts so far have been about your FF 1 (granted, it`s a nice copy). As an old-timer on these boards, he`s sensitive to anyone who comes on and appears to be trying to use the regular, non-sale forums to pimp his books. Perhaps if you joined in some other conversations, or showed some of your books besides the FF 1, his (and others`) spider-sense wouldn`t be going off.

P.S--Given the quality of his collection, I seriously doubt aman made his post because he`s envious of your copy. :gossip:

Plus, the dork Ben from Oz said that he was the underbidder.

Even if he had won the FF 1, it would rank only second in his collection, behind Harley`s autograph.

Thats a good one.

In response to:

Poster: aman619

Subject: Re: Here's some page scans on the FF1 won at Heritage...

Im not here to derail you. But how many times are you going to trot out the same book?

Its a 6.5. (hooboy)

with White pages. (like 25000 other books)

the Janowitz copy. (who?)

bought at Heritage.

we GET IT.

Aman619, I want to first apologize for the comebacks yesterday. Bad hair day. But I've GOT to respond to your above response. Go BACK and look at those FF1 page scans again. Look at that inside back cover ad. See it? Where I come from, white page E-60 books are U-RARE. This book went for 2x and I top hammered 3x+ guide UNSURE if I'd win it. The TRUE market value on this book (forget the grade) unslabbed is approx. $20k I think...maybe higher. And I don't sell books. I grew up with the older guys, Wilson (M.), Maybruck (Sparkle City...did he get impounded?), Contarino, etc, and all these cats would, I think, give it a solid thumbs up Overstreet 8.0 EVEN with the miniscule chip and hairline crease. Maybe I said. Contarino (Keith...an oldie in Georgia) used to put 2-3x on true WHITE-paged books. This FF1 BLOWS the Northland away in asthetics & paper quality but the Northland IS an 8 and very BEAUTIFUL. I luckily found the owner of my book in NY State and it's one owner stored in low humidity 45+ years. He was VERY disappointed in the CGC grade but it IS what it IS. CGC is probably correct but they make no adjustments for freshness & whiteness in books. Is there any other WP's FF1s besides the 9.6?

I guess I overposted it on the Boards but MAN, you've got to meet it in person. I figured most newbies shyed away after the bidding topped $10k...but you have to have 20/10 vision to see THRU the 6.5 time capsule. Basically, the grader's notes don't reconcile to the grade. I'm not a big fan of slabbed books because you LOSE the rights to the book. I love to smell and taste mine (as you can see). I'm so proud of it and it LOVES it's new Dad.

Wanna know something rarer than THEM all? Find me a white-paged > 6.0 SC22. I'll see you, let's say, in 50 years if you locate one! Or any key DC for that matter.

Let me hear from you. I mean, have you REALLY seen many fresh HG copies of FF1 and AF15? C'mon now? All I ask that if you respond and this thread continues, that the posts STAY professional and clean. I've deleted the unnecessary ones. And if I get a strike for yesterday's mess, I EARNED it!

Thanks.

I appreciate the PM you sent me, and your thoughts above. Im glad this wont devolve into a flame war. Ive been here for years and have tried never to get involved in one. I know my posts ticked you off. I wasn't really trying to, but in commenting on your repeated posts coming back again and again to your book (and little else) well, I made a snippy comment because in my time here, the "good citizens" love lots of comics and enjoy talking about lots of different genres and aspects of collecting, and get involved in all kinds of threads and posts and contests - - - and NOT all related to their OWN books. We had a guy who was like that who was on an interesting quest, and showed up here, and lots of guys got behind him and helped him complete his amazing journey. But, most folks soured om him because it was all him all the time. The only time he posted was about HIS books and HIS quest. Never about anything else. And when his quest was complete? Disappeared like the wind. He didnt like the Boards, just how the Boards could help him.

So anyway, I just blurted out my posts because to that point, you were appearing to be going in that direction. You bought it.. then th efirst thread about it. No posts then the FF1 again. Then silence... finally a NEW thread about the FF1 again. and again.

I see now by your post above that its not so much your FF1 that gets you hot, but keys with snow white pages. Thats cool, and so is your FF1. I agree - - White pages are pretty scarce, and yeah, especially on 10 cent DCs.

hey, imagine how Doug must feel with his white paged 9.6 copy!!

so all's cool here, lets just carry on.

I appreciate the PM you sent me, and your thoughts above. Im glad this wont devolve into a flame war. Ive been here for years and have tried never to get involved in one. I know my posts ticked you off. I wasn't really trying to, but in commenting on your repeated posts coming back again and again to your book (and little else) well, I made a snippy comment because in my time here, the "good citizens" love lots of comics and enjoy talking about lots of different genres and aspects of collecting, and get involved in all kinds of threads and posts and contests - - - and NOT all related to their OWN books. We had a guy who was like that who was on an interesting quest, and showed up here, and lots of guys got behind him and helped him complete his amazing journey. But, most folks soured om him because it was all him all the time. The only time he posted was about HIS books and HIS quest. Never about anything else. And when his quest was complete? Disappeared like the wind. He didnt like the Boards, just how the Boards could help him.

So anyway, I just blurted out my posts because to that point, you were appearing to be going in that direction. You bought it.. then th efirst thread about it. No posts then the FF1 again. Then silence... finally a NEW thread about the FF1 again. and again.

I see now by your post above that its not so much your FF1 that gets you hot, but keys with snow white pages. Thats cool, and so is your FF1. I agree - - White pages are pretty scarce, and yeah, especially on 10 cent DCs.

(thumbs u

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, not to be a "hater" but...

am I the only one that thinks the PQ is off? those pages don't look WHITE to me?

Nope. They don't look "WHITE" to me either. Certainly not enough to make a whole thread about it. I guess I should start posting some of my GA stuff with "WHITE" pages. That must me a lot more impressive than SA, no?

am I the only one that thinks the PQ is off? those pages don't look WHITE to me?

Nope. They don't look "WHITE" to me either. Certainly not enough to make a whole thread about it. I guess I should start posting some of my GA stuff with "WHITE" pages. That must me a lot more impressive than SA, no?

(thumbs u

yeah, I guess we're the jaded, two desenters (shrug)

You can scream till the cows come home that those pages are WHITE...you won't convince me.

Aman619,

Grew up near Brett Favre and he's a perfect Southern role model for my kid and million others. He's humble, like us. Married his HS sweetheart and is STILL with her, like many of us did. LOVES his dogs & tomatoes, like us. My son IODLS him. In comparing what you did to me, trust me, he WOULD never insult or unwelcome anyone to his HOME if it were Butkus that just sacked his BUTT, broke both arms, and SPIT in his face THRICE! Did you see what Brett told Marino when asked about his feelings about breaking Dan's passing yards? Brett simply said, "....and I'll never be in your class Dan." Humble as HELL man! If Bryan (the kid) turns out 1/100th the man Brett is, he'll make the misses and me PROUD!

All the Wilson and massage stuff was a joke but, MAN, you're dead serious about this stuff! REAL serious. So here's my comments (and I'm STILL professional about it...as promised) on the WHOLE issue here (let's forget the hobby for now):

A, you don't have any RIGHT to insult anyone's post or butt into their threads (negatively) no MATTER how many years you've been here or what journeys you ASSUME people are on. PERIOD. THAT'S what these posts are about and you're WRONG man! I bolded this paragraph (although BusComm I warned me NOT to bold), so, no matter WHERE these posts lead, we can easily go BACK to it to refresh our memory. We can post 'till the cows come home, but you'll never convince me of the reasoning.

A, let's compare the irony. A few posts back, you talk about Brainiac on some planet...what if I were to post a diverted post and say, "Hey aman619, what color does Brainiac's face get when he's GREEN with ENVY..?" or in your latest series of G/L posts, "Hey, aman619, what color does AS's (Abin Sur) face get when he gets RED with RAGE...?. I mean, don't you think it would end up being a nonnsenseLESS thread like this one is NOW. I mean, this thread makes about as much sense as Wilson on Castaway since your first post to this thread. It's been SLICED and DICED more than a grand of Halloween flicks!!

A, try and be more positve & pro about it. I don't care if you post and say, "Have those pages been in the CA brush FIRES lately!!!!" just post something RELEVANT. And I think all Boardies DESERVE that. If you are what you (and others) say you are, you'll SEE my point and come clean next time.

Ditto, I'm cool here too and but still a little hot under the collar.

And many thanks to all the Board members who posted to this thread. I'm sorry for all the confusing posts but the BOOK is the REAL poster boy here. My goal was to get honest feedback from the Board members. Goal accomplished!

- Brannon

(thumbs u

yeah, I guess we're the jaded, two desenters (shrug)

You can scream till the cows come home that those pages are WHITE...you won't convince me.

The "White" notation is relative to the paper stock used for the pages. Those pages are about as white as you'll find for 1961/2 Marvels.

Aman619,

Grew up near Brett Favre and he's a perfect Southern role model for my kid and million others. He's humble, like us. Married his HS sweetheart and is STILL with her, like many of us did. LOVES his dogs & tomatoes, like us. My son IODLS him. In comparing what you did to me, trust me, he WOULD never insult or unwelcome anyone to his HOME if it were Butkus that just sacked his BUTT, broke both arms, and SPIT in his face THRICE! Did you see what Brett told Marino when asked about his feelings about breaking Dan's passing yards? Brett simply said, "....and I'll never be in your class Dan." Humble as HELL man! If Bryan (the kid) turns out 1/100th the man Brett is, he'll make the misses and me PROUD!

All the Wilson and massage stuff was a joke but, MAN, you're dead serious about this stuff! REAL serious. So here's my comments (and I'm STILL professional about it...as promised) on the WHOLE issue here (let's forget the hobby for now):

A, you don't have any RIGHT to insult anyone's post or butt into their threads (negatively) no MATTER how many years you've been here or what journeys you ASSUME people are on. PERIOD. THAT'S what these posts are about and you're WRONG man! I bolded this paragraph (although BusComm I warned me NOT to bold), so, no matter WHERE these posts lead, we can easily go BACK to it to refresh our memory. We can post 'till the cows come home, but you'll never convince me of the reasoning.

A, let's compare the irony. A few posts back, you talk about Brainiac on some planet...what if I were to post a diverted post and say, "Hey aman619, what color does Brainiac's face get when he's GREEN with ENVY..?" or in your latest series of G/L posts, "Hey, aman619, what color does AS's (Abin Sur) face get when he gets RED with RAGE...?. I mean, don't you think it would end up being a nonnsenseLESS thread like this one is NOW. I mean, this thread makes about as much sense as Wilson on Castaway since your first post to this thread. It's been SLICED and DICED more than a grand of Halloween flicks!!

A, try and be more positve & pro about it. I don't care if you post and say, "Have those pages been in the CA brush FIRES lately!!!!" just post something RELEVANT. And I think all Boardies DESERVE that. If you are what you (and others) say you are, you'll SEE my point and come clean next time.

And many thanks to all the Board members who posted to this thread. I'm sorry for all the confusing posts but the BOOK is the REAL poster boy here. My goal was to get honest feedback from the Board members. Goal accomplished!

- Brannon

oh well.

Aman619,

- Brannon

Brannon, aman was extending an olive branch to you, and you used it as an opportunity to attack him again. If you're going to be this sensitive, and look for insults where none was made, then perhaps an internet message board is not the best place for you.

Seriously, step back for a moment and just relax, okay?

and for you to back it up. you people are nuts