• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is redmelvin27 on Ebay?

37 posts in this topic

Has several really nice looking Ducks up that end tonight. Looks like he has decent GA often. Anyone have any history with them? Tried searching but no luck.

I didn't know that either. Why would Dave have 2 ebay accounts?

there were some "loose" accusations that there might have been some funny business going on with those multiple accounts (this was pre ebay hiding), but I searched and could not even find the thread...

there were some "loose" accusations that there might have been some funny business going on with those multiple accounts (this was pre ebay hiding), but I searched and could not even find the thread...

Oh ok. I guess I missed out on that thread. Don't quite remember it.

Oh ok. I guess I missed out on that thread. Don't quite remember it.

well, I searched back 2 years and can't find it, so I am wondering if I am remembering emails instead of board posts?

rick

Dave Andersonn (AKA the Dentist) is redmelvin27

He is the guy who owns the Mile High Action 1

:o Didn't know that. Guess I could have put a little more faith in those grades and descriptions then.

:o Didn't know that. Guess I could have put a little more faith in those grades and descriptions then.

I bought a couple of books from him, returned one because of brittle pages not noted.

I bought a couple of books from him, returned one because of brittle pages not noted.

Work out ok?

I bought a book (Adventure 60) from him that had been manipulated from a 7.5 to an 8.5 after being cracked and re-slabbed.

I was going to buy a book (More Fun 16) via a third party that another collector had bought from him (it looked nice in the scan), but upon examination all three of us buyers thought the page edges were near brittle so the book was sent back.

I was going to bid on a book (Adventure 37) that he had on ebay that he emailed me to say may have had some color touch under a tape repair on the spine. This possibility wasn't mentioned in the description, so I didn't bid.

I bought a Flash 20 Larson off him that appears to be a nice book - I haven't got around to having it CGC'd yet.

These are just some of the more recent items, and there won't be any more future examples.

I bought 3 books from him via bigloo auctions...2 had undisclosed resto, one book was a prerobin tec and was traded to centaurman, whom discovered the resto, and the second was a post robin tec, graded correctly, but had support added (minor, like a tear seal, but there none the less, and readily visible), one the 3rd post robin tec was right on the money (grade and pg)...so, 1 out of 3?

rick

I guess that is one of the problems with not traveling in the GA circles very much. When I hear the Dentist, I automatically think, "Here's a guy that I've heard about alot." What I've heard is that he has some of the highest graded copies of the biggest GA keys. I've also heard that he's not planning on selling any time soon. For some reason that engenders thoughts that this is a private collector concerned with quality who doesn't sell much. A pretty big leap I know, but one that makes some common sense.

I guess the moral is that you need to really know your seller before you put faith in listings on Ebay.

I guess that is one of the problems with not traveling in the GA circles very much. When I hear the Dentist, I automatically think, "Here's a guy that I've heard about alot." What I've heard is that he has some of the highest graded copies of the biggest GA keys. I've also heard that he's not planning on selling any time soon. For some reason that engenders thoughts that this is a private collector concerned with quality who doesn't sell much. A pretty big leap I know, but one that makes some common sense.

I guess the moral is that you need to really know your seller before you put faith in listings on Ebay.

another great reason this board is so helpful to folks....now, the dentist has sold hundred's of thousands of $'s of comics via ebay, that I have witnessed...some really great stuff (the rumor is that some of it was for Geppi), and likely the vast majority of them are fine, accurately graded comics....just funny how some seasoned veterans (board members) are voicing "concerns" that you don't see on ebay feedback...maybe it is because some are able to detect these issues, when maybe the vast majority of folks can't?...I too didn't even think to initially look for "issues", until sacentaur, ciorac and centaurman brought them to my attention...then, when I looked harder, sure enough, there was an "issue" 2 out of 3 times...but, I am guilty of not making an "issue" out of my issues...

rick

Work out ok?

Full refund...minus shipping. No questions asked. Pretty hard to miss brittle pages on a 300.00 book. Small potatoes for him...but not for me. I get the feeling that the books just weren't looked at. I hate to think that someone would just gamble on people not bothering to return a book, like some dealers do , or being too embarassed to return a book. But I'm not a high roller. I've returned 75.00 books if they were off by a lot.