• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sending my PGX's to CGC

75 posts in this topic

hello all...

I have sent several PGX holdered comics to CGC with no problem at all...they have "de" holdered them, resto checked them, graded and encapsulated...in fact, I bet they like to get their competitions books to grade?

gator

rick,

How did the books do? I have some PGX books I'm planning to send in as well... wondering how much variance I should expect.

hello all..

I just sent in 8 more PGX books (no letter MK)....

the first 3, cgc was 1 full grade lower on all 3...but, I had graded them (from within the holder) as at least a full grade lower...so, it was right in line with my expectations...I use CGC for the resto check...I feel I know how to grade (but, we are usually right on or within .5)

what concerns me is the lack of confidence in the PGX resto check...already 2 PGX "blue-no notes" books, are getting Slight designations from CGC, so that is my reason for submitting them

rick

I read the two of mine that came back 9.9s. :)

Before or after? :whistle:

Before. Are you crazy? Sho'Nuff!

If you had balls you'd read them after. :baiting:

I believe the CGC Gem Mint 10.0 is a bit more specific than just anomalas math.

Unless i'm mistaken, the CGC 10.0 cannot be touched by human hands, given the oils that are present on the epidermis.

unless you have really clean hands, right?

I believe the CGC Gem Mint 10.0 is a bit more specific than just anomalas math.

Unless i'm mistaken, the CGC 10.0 cannot be touched by human hands, given the oils that are present on the epidermis.

unless you have really clean hands, right?

How clean your hands are, have nothing to do with the oil secretion from them

and I believe Borock was the one that I heard that from...or read it from, but was the source I believe hm

PGX is known to be stricter on moderns?, but I guess that rule does not apply to 9.9s and 10.0s. Do some research and you will be surprised when you see the number of pgx 9.9s and 10.0s

Righto. A few sellers seem to have had dozens of PGX 9.9s over the past few years. hm Statistically, they would have had to have submitted thousands and thousands of books to get that many 9.9s. hm hm

I don't take PGX 9.9s very seriously. I consider them 9.8s.

Ditto

How clean your hands are, have nothing to do with the oil secretion from them

and I believe Borock was the one that I heard that from...or read it from, but was the source I believe hm

If I recall correctly, there was statement a while back from someone in CGC that **many** times, the difference between a 9.8 and 9.9 might be a finger print. Perhaps this is what you are thinking of...