• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT (slightly) - Comic Book Heros & Sidewalk Chalk

71 posts in this topic

Let's remember that a lot of people are new and haven't seen the same topic come up over and over...

Nobody in this thread is new.

And as has already been clarified...we were just joking around with each other.

You would not believe the number of people who come up to me at conventions and tell me they're "lurkers" foreheadslap.gif

It takes a peculiar type of person to post regularly on a messageboard. That first post is a doozy sometimes for a lot of people who prefer to just watch.

I like to watch... gossip.gif

Let's remember that a lot of people are new and haven't seen the same topic come up over and over...

You would not believe the number of people who come up to me at conventions and tell me they're "lurkers" foreheadslap.gif

It takes a peculiar type of person to post regularly on a messageboard. That first post is a doozy sometimes for a lot of people who prefer to just watch.

I like to watch... gossip.gif

That would explain a lot... 893whatthe.gifpoke2.gif

ditto. I lurked for two years!

Maybe you just attract a lot of voyuers? confused-smiley-013.gif

If you wany to be really cool,get yourself tossed off the boards repeatedly.

[beavis laugh]

he said "tossed off..."

[/beavis laugh]

I posted this in another thread, but in a lot of ways posting in Comics General is like calling the Jim Rome show... It seems like a lot of fun from the outside, but it can be damn intimidating at first.

I do four shows a year here in town that have less than 1,000 attendees. I am now at 7 of those in a row where someone has come up to me, asked me if I was "lighthouse", then told me they have lurked on these boards for at least a year. When I sold a bunch of Mark Jewelers books in Forum Only, I had people come up to my booth at the next show specifically to buy MJ books from me. These were people who don't post here, and didn't buy off the threads, but saw the post and knew I would have the books at the next show...

We are being watched, I tell you... We are being watched...

So let's give them a good show... yay.gif

Yeah, redundant yet still worth another looksie! Fabu-art! thumbsup2.gif

sign-offtopic.gif Thought I caught a recent car ad w/ art like this (same guy?) for Volkswagen, maybe? You know like the you suddenly went into the street-art and them the car was zippin' about... right? confused-smiley-013.gif

I posted this in another thread, but in a lot of ways posting in Comics General is like calling the Jim Rome show... It seems like a lot of fun from the outside, but it can be damn intimidating at first.

I do four shows a year here in town that have less than 1,000 attendees. I am now at 7 of those in a row where someone has come up to me, asked me if I was "lighthouse", then told me they have lurked on these boards for at least a year. When I sold a bunch of Mark Jewelers books in Forum Only, I had people come up to my booth at the next show specifically to buy MJ books from me. These were people who don't post here, and didn't buy off the threads, but saw the post and knew I would have the books at the next show...

We are being watched, I tell you... We are being watched...

So let's give them a good show... yay.gif

Should we start flashing the lurkers? confused-smiley-013.gif

Nah, we should encourage them to come forward and post. That will never work. 27_laughing.gif

Why not, this place seems to be far less aggressive than it used to be. Or perhaps I have just gotten used to the daily floggings and "treatments"

Nah, we should encourage them to come forward and post.

That will never work. 27_laughing.gif

Why not, this place seems to be far less aggressive than it used to be. Or perhaps I have just gotten used to the daily floggings and "treatments"

You obviously have been avoiding most of the recent posts in Comics General. Brutal, just brutal.

That will never work. 27_laughing.gif

You obviously have been avoiding most of the recent posts in Comics General. Brutal, just brutal.

Yeah but all that is just the past being rehashed to restore former glory.

Ok, heres the plan. We invite a new member and then they get to post count ohhhhh 20, we all flame em.

Does that work?

Wouldn't flashing encourage some of them? blush.gif

tons of threads about these sidewalks...yet this is the first one I caught. Thanks for posting them anyway. I'm getting senile in my senior board years. crazy.gif

No problem! thumbsup2.gif

I also see that there are many posts about them. However, this was the first I had seen them as well makepoint.gif

John thumbsup2.gif