• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Open plea to all CGC Forumites - OT Threads
2 2

378 posts in this topic

I don't think orangenemesis wants to confide to a bunch of strangers that his fiancee just left him. When my wife was in the hospital on bed rest for 50 days, I wouldn't have even considered posting about it in the water cooler. I don't know those people, and I don't think my unbelievably awesome post is going to persuade anyone to suddenly start visiting a forum that they've never frequented before.

I don't think orangenemesis wants to confide to a bunch of strangers that his fiancee just left him. When my wife was in the hospital on bed rest for 50 days, I wouldn't have even considered posting about it in the water cooler. I don't know those people, and I don't think my unbelievably awesome post is going to persuade anyone to suddenly start visiting a forum that they've never frequented before.

How many people did you know when you posted here in the first place?

Me? None.

"I was late for work so I thought it was ok to speed to work" when my brother was stopped by the Las Vegas Metro police for ANOTHER speeding ticket.

'Hey I work for a hospital!!!" he cried when the judge threw the book at him.

Sounds like you are trying to justify the circumvention of general guidelines of OT topics to be relagated to the water cooler.

CAL (tsk)

How many people did you know when you posted here in the first place?

Me? None.

"I was late for work so I thought it was ok to speed to work" when my brother was stopped by the Las Vegas Metro police for ANOTHER speeding ticket.

'Hey I work for a hospital!!!" he cried when the judge threw the book at him.

Sounds like you are trying to justify the circumvention of general guidelines of OT topics to be relagated to the water cooler.

CAL (tsk)

I don't see how your example relates to my post in any way. My point was that we often learn the most about fellow board members, and what's happening in their lives, in OT threads.

No, I didn't know anyone when I first started posting, but I didn't post an OT thread until I did feel like a part of the community, and thought something in my life outside of comics would be of interest to my comic collecting friends.

I think the mere fact that people are arguing that there are too many OT posts illustrates perfectly that sometimes we are all here to discuss things that are not comic centric but just love to argue.

As Matthew said quite succinctly.. in the end OT don't bother me that much. So I will just sit back and watch to see what the next step is.

Night

Ze-

go back and read my last post them PM me again, sir.

CAL :juggle:

Cal, to be honest with you, your reply to my PM read like a rant. I am going to bow out of this now. I think you are a passionate comic collector that is just off the mark on this one. To hear you talk about going over our heads and notifying the mods , and railing to Steve B about how 99% of the troublemaker members here do not use their product and should be cleaned out is kind of out there, imho

Ze-

I think the mere fact that people are arguing that there are too many OT posts illustrates perfectly that sometimes we are all here to discuss things that are not comic centric but just love to argue.

As Matthew said quite succinctly.. in the end OT don't bother me that much. So I will just sit back and watch to see what the next step is.

Night

Ze-

Cal, to be honest with you, your reply to my PM read like a rant. I am going to bow out of this now. I think you are a passionate comic collector that is just off the mark on this one. To hear you talk about going over our heads and notifying the mods , and railing to Steve B about how 99% of the troublemaker members here do not use their product and should be cleaned out is kind of out there, imho

Ze-

:popcorn:

Night

Ze-

Ze-

why are you posting my content from my private PM???

how dare you?

:mad:

Or are the OT posts in CG squelching out the ten's and ten's of important threads that need to be seen? :baiting:

Yes. Any comic-related thread, no matter how inane, is more important than some stupid OT thread.

If you don't agree with me, I'm happy to make my point by duplicating what POV did a few years ago to get the Mods to start clamping down on the explosion of OT threads in the General Forum.

Who put your panties in a bunch? Lay off the caffeine. :baiting:

Nah, just tired of the constant OT threads in General.

Constant????? I count 7 out of 31 threads that are OT.on the first page.

I think it comes down to needing at times somthings that are not all

about comics, if for no other reason then the brake it gives us.

You think almost 25% of the threads on the first page being OT isn't excessive?

It works out to be closer to 23%, but 25% is sooo much more

colorfull don't you think.

There is a WC. It's one click away. What is so :censored:ing hard about going there to talk about all non-comic-related stuff?

I do, I have. What you are not getting is Comic General is

where I like to go to share with the people I know.

I go there all the time to talk about soccer and investments. I see a lot of other considerate people from the comic boards go there to talk about baseball and football all the time.

Good for you! I posted there as well in the World Series Thread, so that is not to say that I am not "CONSIDERATE".

Seems like the only people complaining about going to the WC are those who are scared, lazy, or believe they have some entitlement to do whatever they please because in their opinion it only marginally inconveniences their fellow boardies.

NO, not so much. I find the amount of rightousness that some

have to defend the purity of comics General to be laughable.Take a breath

Tim, it is only comic books after all.

Night

Ze-

Ze-

how dare you?

:whatthe::popcorn:

I really do not like it when someone sends me an unsolicited PM, I am good enough to answer( no matter the content or subject) then the pinhead( filters, you know), then the person posts what I say in my PRIVATE PM on the Boards.

This person, Ze-Man, is to never be trusted. You heard it here, folks.

If you so dare to trust him, beware.

CAL (tsk)

Night

Ze-

Ze-

how dare you?

Because you called me out Cal, you seem to be really fired up right now so I will cut you some slack and call it a night.

Ze-

I really do not like it when someone sends me an unsolicited PM, I am good enough to answer( no matter the content or subject) then the pinhead( filters, you know), then the person posts what I say in my PRIVATE PM on the Boards.

CAL (tsk)

And on that note , I am out folks.

:hi:

CAL (tsk)

Have a good night Ze!

Night

Ze-

Ze-

how dare you?

Because you called me out Cal, you seem to be really fired up right now so I will cut you some slack and call it a night.

Ze-

Let's get this straight:

YOU posted my PM first. THEN I called you out. Got it???

must be a liberal smokin panama red from the 1960's...

CAL doh!

Or are the OT posts in CG squelching out the ten's and ten's of important threads that need to be seen? :baiting:

Yes. Any comic-related thread, no matter how inane, is more important than some stupid OT thread.

If you don't agree with me, I'm happy to make my point by duplicating what POV did a few years ago to get the Mods to start clamping down on the explosion of OT threads in the General Forum.

Just now looking at the Comics General first TWO pages of Threads I just counted

Seventeen ( 17) Off-topic Threads. That is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

too much and I am not shocked but dissapointed at some of the counter-arguments on this Thread.

It was too good to be true.

So I will take the next step.

That being what CAL. Seems to me that this whole OT topic is all about YOU.

What YOU want. What YOU feel. What YOU will do. What about what WE want.

CAL (tsk)

Have a good night Ze!

hm did he REALLY leave? Can we trust him enough to take him at his word that he left? Maybe he's still around, you know....watching!!!! :shy:

Just now looking at the Comics General first TWO pages of Threads I just counted

too much and I am not shocked but dissapointed at some of the counter-arguments on this Thread.

I can't locate the link to the Thread where Arch TOLD me to stop posting football stuff in Comics General.

Rules are rules - not what we( you) want.

Like I posted earlier, I will say this once more:

I am not surprised, but am disappointed in the reactions and counter-arguments of this Thread. I knew it would not work, and you guys proved me right AGAIN.

CAL :headbang:

I can't locate the link to the Thread where Arch TOLD me to stop posting football stuff in Comics General.

Rules are rules - not what we( you) want.

Like I posted earlier, I will say this once more:

I am not surprised, but am disappointed in the reactions and counter-arguments of this Thread. I knew it would not work, and you guys proved me right AGAIN.

CAL :headbang:

was that your whole reason for bringing it up? brilliant Straw Man strategy. :golfclap: