• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Open plea to all CGC Forumites - OT Threads
2 2

378 posts in this topic

Anyone ever seen a ghost at a comic convention?

Stop obsessing! (tsk)

Or I'll start a Halloween Pressing Thread. meh

Sounds like a Hardy Boys book..."The Secret of the Haunted Press".

I always loved it when the Hardy Boys were in another town digging up the dirt of the crooks when the local police get involved. Invariably, upon discovering who their father is, they would say "FENTON Hady?! Not FENTON Hardy!!!??? and Frank and Jow would smile modestly.

I was, however, always concerned about their diet as it seems that, at least at home, they subsisted on roast chicken and baked potatoes accompanied by one of Aunt Gertrude's pies.

Ahhh - to be young and innocent again.

"Ahhh - to be young and innocent again."

You were young?

You were innocent?

Man, are you a bad liar :baiting:lol

Notice he didn't say he was good looking... :gossip:

:baiting::jokealert:

Hello. Is it possible that we could ALL start posting non-comic-related stuff in the Water Cooler where it belongs? We are all adults and this would help keep the Boards more organized and quicker to get to the comic-related items.

I know we can do this..

CAL :juggle:

In all seriousness, I would rather not post in the WC. Only post there once in a blue moon. Mainly because few from here do. Yeah, I know, it is a self-fulfilling cycle.

But even though it has been 2 years since I stopped collecting I still visit and still joke around and even offer ocassionally semi-literate posts on topics that interest me. ANYWAY...

I would love to see a CWC (Comics Water Cooler). The anti-OT people need never enter it. But I bet the majority of folks here would. It would even encourage some threads about films, what you collect outside of comics, personal triumphs/tragedies etc. Which would encourage greater comraderie (pardon me while I tearfully hum Koom By Ya (or however you spell that)). And would keep the Comics General totally ON Topic.

We go to forum dinners together. We talk on the phone with each other. We PM and email each other. We visit each other for lunch or dinner or to hit a store. We've actually made real life friends here.

It is apparant that most of the responders here do NOT want to make use of the WC for OT posts. It is understandable. There is so much absolute drek there - totally inane and blatantly stupid posts I don't want to wade through 10 pounds of manure to find one sapling.

The Mods give reasons why we should use the WC. I would genuinely like to hear reasons why a Comic WC would not be a good idea.

Humbly, contritely and demeaningly yours.

Pov

The Mods give reasons why we should use the WC. I would genuinely like to hear reasons why a Comic WC would not be a good idea.

When I asked him the same thing last year, Arch pretty much said it comes down to.. "Too much of a headache. We don't need another forum, especially an OT type forum to moderate"

While I didnt like that answer, I can understand the rational.

Ze-

When I asked him the same thing last year, Arch pretty much said it comes down to.. "Too much of a headache. We don't need another forum, especially an OT type forum to moderate"

While I didnt like that answer, I can understand the rational.

Ze-

Jeeze Ken that really does not help. Now Arch is sitting there saying ":Cool. No need to answer this now!" Perhaps this travesty is my own doing. I SHOULD have written "I would genuinely like to hear reasons from the Mods why a Comic WC would not be a good idea." :whistle:

And having been a moderator on many message boards - even back in the 80's on AOL when I headed up the Personal Computer Forum, I cannot imagine it would be easier to wade through the Comics General Forum looking for posts that are too OT amidst the real CG posts and moving them to the WC.

We tend to be pretty self-policing around here. It can take a couple of weeks for new rules etc. to sink in but look at the policing being done in the Marketplace forums. I'm sure we would all pitch in to keep the uninformed informed that future OT posts should go in the Comics Water Cooler. Soon it would flow like - well - water.