• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man 4

42 posts in this topic

It will be the Lizard as Curt Conners has been introduced. Possibly the Vulture as Ben Kingsly was set to play him in Spider-Man 3.

Who it won't be? Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Sandman and Venom. You can also scratch off Carnage and Hobgoblin as their to similar to characters that have already appeared. Spidey has the greatest rogues gallery in comics and it would be a shame not to make use of it and utilize it. They could make 10 movies before having to recycle.

Personally i would like to see Mysterio. He's always been a favourite of mine.

It will be the Lizard as Curt Conners has been introduced. Possibly the Vulture as Ben Kingsly was set to play him in Spider-Man 3.

Who it won't be? Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Sandman and Venom. You can also scratch off Carnage and Hobgoblin as their to similar to characters that have already appeared. Spidey has the greatest rogues gallery in comics and it would be a shame not to make use of it and utilize it. They could make 10 movies before having to recycle.

Personally i would like to see Mysterio. He's always been a favourite of mine.

I thought it was going to be the lizard! Thanx for the confirm!

CAL :applause:

Maximum Carnage was part of what put me off of ASM back in the 90s, and it's the reason I am stopping my run at 328- McFarlane was the last of the greats in my opinion. In any event...

Due to the craptacular focus on CG this past movie, I really want Spidey to have a more grounded plot this time. I think that's why I'm throwing my vote behind Kraven. The question though... is WHO would play him?

Here's the current fanboy casting list- and other suggestions?

Vulture: Sir Ben Kingsly

Lizard: Already spoken for (whoever that dude is currently playing Doc Connors)

Electro:

Mysterio:

Kraven: Daniel Day Lewis (ref. his part as "The Butcher" from Gangs of NY for my rationale- would need to beef up though)

Scorpion:

This time Spidey will be fighting along side Cloak and Dagger in Spiderman 4. There will be multiple villains though the final roster hasn't been decided yet. Mary Jane and Aunt May will make just a cameo appearance and won't factor into the story line at all.

Yes, I just made that all up.

Mary Jane and Aunt May will make just a cameo appearance and won't factor into the story line at all.

Except for that awkward kissing and petting scene (I understand Stryzenski is writing the -script).

I still vote for Cameron Diaz as Gwen Stacey if Gwen is ever introduced.

:gossip:She was in Spidey 3.

yeah...what he said...

spiderman3_images_08.jpg

yeah...what he said...

spiderman3_images_08.jpg

I don't know how they did it with Bryce Dallas Howard but she was great in the movie. Perfect for the part.

Brent, while I agree with you on this one I'm almost wondering if it would work to have something like the Lizard and Kraven? How's this for size: Doc Connors finally loses control and becomes the Lizard running wild in NY. Kraven the Hunter, desiring to hunt Spider-Man comes to NY under the auspices of "saving" the city from the Lizard. AND with the way they left the last one between Pete and MJ... maybe they could incorporate some of the many storylines where Peter decides to stop being Spider-Man to have his own life (ASM 50, ASM 100, etc). This is what causes Kraven to come to NYC- to fill the gap that Spider-Man has left.

Of course, we get some nice Spidey/ Kraven battles in conjunction with Kraven/ Lizard and Spidey/ Lizard. This could be fun.

Just some ideas...

Please write the -script. This sounds very good.

I also like the idea of Mysterio, they could do the whole story from ASM 13 it is quite good. Spidey could be hunted by the police throughout the movie, this makes MJ doubt their relationship and leave Peter, etc. It has great potential.

What movie makers still fail to realize ( ASM 3 as my proof ): more action isnt necessarily good. Even the villains need to have character development so that we as the viewers actually care what is going on. Spiderman 3 was a dismal failure because Sandman and Venom had no such treatment, the best part of Spiderman 3 was the story between Peter and Harry.

yeah...what he said...

spiderman3_images_08.jpg

I don't know how they did it with Bryce Dallas Howard but she was great in the movie. Perfect for the part.

Roger that! I remember hearing they tapped her for the role and was disappointed- just not who I would have pictured. And THEN the prelease photos of her came out and HOLY ! :o She really had the Gwen look down for me. What was nice was that she didn't look in the least bit trashy yet still managed to look fantastic- as per Gwen's character.

lol And Artboy, I'm not too sure about writing a movie -script when I have a thesis that is desperately in need of my attention. Besides, the thought of laboring over something that will be doomed to start is depressing. Thanks for the vote though ;)

Brent, while I agree with you on this one I'm almost wondering if it would work to have something like the Lizard and Kraven? How's this for size: Doc Connors finally loses control and becomes the Lizard running wild in NY. Kraven the Hunter, desiring to hunt Spider-Man comes to NY under the auspices of "saving" the city from the Lizard. AND with the way they left the last one between Pete and MJ... maybe they could incorporate some of the many storylines where Peter decides to stop being Spider-Man to have his own life (ASM 50, ASM 100, etc). This is what causes Kraven to come to NYC- to fill the gap that Spider-Man has left.

Of course, we get some nice Spidey/ Kraven battles in conjunction with Kraven/ Lizard and Spidey/ Lizard. This could be fun.

Just some ideas...

:takeit:

This would be a great plot: Stan Leeish.

Dennis

Maximum Carnage was part of what put me off of ASM back in the 90s, and it's the reason I am stopping my run at 328- McFarlane was the last of the greats in my opinion. In any event...

Due to the craptacular focus on CG this past movie, I really want Spidey to have a more grounded plot this time. I think that's why I'm throwing my vote behind Kraven. The question though... is WHO would play him?

Here's the current fanboy casting list- and other suggestions?

Vulture: Sir Ben Kingsly

Lizard: Already spoken for (whoever that dude is currently playing Doc Connors)

Electro:

Mysterio: That

Kraven: Daniel Day Lewis (ref. his part as "The Butcher" from Gangs of NY for my rationale- would need to beef up though)

Scorpion: Vin Diesel?

yeah...what he said...

spiderman3_images_08.jpg

Roger that! I remember hearing they tapped her for the role and was disappointed- just not who I would have pictured. And THEN the prelease photos of her came out and HOLY ! :o She really had the Gwen look down for me. What was nice was that she didn't look in the least bit trashy yet still managed to look fantastic- as per Gwen's character.

lol And Artboy, I'm not too sure about writing a movie -script when I have a thesis that is desperately in need of my attention. Besides, the thought of laboring over something that will be doomed to start is depressing. Thanks for the vote though ;)

Is to bad, I know it would have been better than anything they will come up with