• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How will CGC treat a tear on one interior page?

16 posts in this topic

I have an ASM #45 which is about perfect in everyway except for a 1/2" tear on one inside page starting from the margin going in words. It’s an easy NM 9.4 with OW/W pgs. Should I submit? I'm looking for NM-9.2 or higher on this one with the tear? Am I dreaming?

I agree, perhaps if it was on the first, or last wrap it might matter more.. but if the tear is inside a couple pages?, No biggy imho.

If it does get dinged, a .2 hit on an otherwise HG book is all I can see it dropping.

Just a guess though.

Ze-

No doubt they were "significant" tears . . . (:

:gossip: Hey - how come you're not playin' FFB anymore? hm

actually, they were just a couple of small tears...less than 1" each (shrug)

I got into the whole vacation, then anniversary, then kids competitions over the last 5 weekends...have had not computer access on weekends to keep up with FFB...but, I will be back!

I'd bet 3/4 grade drop to a FN- from a F/VF .... Opinion Mr. D?

You are probably correct here Colin . . . the defect would arguably drop it out of a strict FN, but it's other qualities would temper the reduction. :grin:

Always hard to grade in the hypothetical, but based on your (no doubt) accurate description. :)

A clean, 1/2" tear to an interior page as you describe should not impact the grade of an otherwise 9.4 book imho :)

:) I know this don't really help but I have a ASM #6 old blue label that has this notation on the label " 1/2 inch tear on Page 6" can't remember which page it was so I put 6 as an example. I don't know if they still do this or not though. (shrug) Think they may have done away with all the notations.