• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Fantastic Four #12

41 posts in this topic

if you look really closely, you'll notice that there are a helluva lot of minor defects on this book.

while it presents quite nicely and would be a nice addition to most folk's collections, i don't think it's any more than a 5.0, IMHO.

there are numerous spine nicks and some small reading creases. there is the color loss on the Hulk's foot and the scratch on the Thing's foot. there's a sharp crease on the right edge under 12 march. there are two ncb creases up in the URC. the top edge is fairly rough and the BC shows some small tears in it. the BC is actually a bit dirty and there's some rubbing on the spine.

all in all the defects are thankfully small, but there are a lot of them............

People on here are sure tough when it's someone else's book, but (shockingly) I don't see too much undergrading in the marketplace. :(

I undergrade mine when selling, usually by 1/2 to a full grade to try and compensate for everyone else's grading standards.

It's a nice book, just hard to tell from the scans, which magnify everything anyways. In hand I would probably grade it a bit higher.

People on here are sure tough when it's someone else's book, but (shockingly) I don't see too much undergrading in the marketplace. :(

I undergrade mine when selling, usually by 1/2 to a full grade to try and compensate for everyone else's grading standards.

It's a nice book, just hard to tell from the scans, which magnify everything anyways. In hand I would probably grade it a bit higher.

Not sure if I have seen your threads, I don't have time to look at the marketplace as much as I used to. :(

If you ever find a Marvel key that looks like that, and you want to sell it for 5.0 FMV, let me know though. I'll buy.

This one is tricky because of the small tape at the top staple and the big wear mark on the Hulk's foot on an otherwise 6.0+ book.

4.5+/5.0

Not sure if I have seen your threads, I don't have time to look at the marketplace as much as I used to. :(

If you ever find a Marvel key that looks like that, and you want to sell it for 5.0 FMV, let me know though. I'll buy.

NP! I'm hard but fair when I grade! I have no complaints with your grading as well!:thumbsup: