• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Fantastic Four #12

41 posts in this topic

okokok...I just looked at the top staple and there is NOOOO tape...never has been,,,.just a bit of wear right there at that spot....

No tape.

Then bump my grade to: 5.0/5.5

Well, everyone was saying my X-Men 10 was 5.5 or so, and IMHO my book is in much better condition than this one. So, to see them grading yours at a 5.0/5.5 kinda gets me thinking. I personally grade my X-Men 10 at a 6.5/7.0 and would grade yours at a 6.0 maybe a 6.5 or so. But, hey, what the heck do I know? I'm sending my book in to see what the CGC guys say, I suggest the same if you plan on selling this book. Especially if you want the full value...just my opinion.

I have bok in hand and there is no way I would grade this less than a F/VF..that has to be lowest.....these scans always make the books look worse...just my opinion...If I took this to a show and tried to sell it at the FN price...it would be sold really fast.

gcox, the only way to accurately grade a book is to have it in hand. We're making guesses based on what the scan shows. In general, scans reveal every single flaw, and may not emphasize good features of a book, such as "tightness," gloss, color retention, etc.

On the other hand, there is a lot of experience on these boards, and there's a good chance that CGC grade is going to fall in the range people have identified, 5.0-6.0.

That's not saying you couldn't find a buyer that agreed with your assessment that it's higher grade. (thumbs u