• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$10,000 !?!?!?

17 posts in this topic

Can't say im familiar with Gold Key's. What's this variant business?

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=6088

Reason for high price sale is obviously the movie though. What does this book sell for raw?

you all know what is funny...the photo back cover is the common one...the art is the rare one (and very rare, imo).....over the years, i have viewed hundreds of copies of ST 1 by Gold Key...know how many have had the photo back cover....all but 1!

gator

Can't say im familiar with Gold Key's. What's this variant business?

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=6088

Reason for high price sale is obviously the movie though. What does this book sell for raw?

you all know what is funny...the photo back cover is the common one...the art is the rare one (and very rare, imo).....over the years, i have viewed hundreds of copies of ST 1 by Gold Key...know how many have had the photo back cover....all but 1!

gator

You're right... the photo cover IS more common than the art.

It's one of those cross-over collectibles that appeal to a wide number of different fan/collector bases.

I remember buying this one on the newsstand, so it has nostalgia strength for me. It is also appealing to Star Trek, science-fiction, TV, Gold Key, Shatner, Nimoy, pedigree and comic book collectors. And I'll bet that there are categories I have overlooked that will jump to mind of the readers of this.

So $10 000? Well, if you're not a mainstream Marvel/DC fan then your $10 000 book doesn't have any equivalency to what might considered more "desirable" comics. It's a great looking book and a pretty important book historically to Trek fans (perhaps the first taste of Star Trek after the series was cancelled).

My 12¢

Dennis