• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'd like to find OA from Rocko's Modern Life...

17 posts in this topic

I don't know how many people watched the Rocko's Modern Life cartoon, but I really love it. It was running on Nikelodeon when I was in the 7-10 age range I guess. Marvel put out a seven book series on the show some years ago. I have never seen any pages or covers from any of the books before. I just can't find anything from these books. Anyone else ever seen any covers for sale?

My favorite cover, because it shows Rocko getting mobbed at the comic store (Kind of a-lot-o Comics) he worked at. I am not able to even find any scans of these books to post right lol Pretty obscure title.

Yes, I remember Stick Stickly! lol There used to be a lot of good cartoons on there. Rocko, Angry Beavers, Aaahhhh Real Monsters and Rugrats were all great.

We must be around the same age. All of those cartoons were awesome. :applause:

My favorite cover, because it shows Rocko getting mobbed at the comic store (Kind of a-lot-o Comics) he worked at. I am not able to even find any scans of these books to post right lol Pretty obscure title.

Is it this one, Stephen?

69856104912.7.GIF

That's the one! :banana: Thanks! Everyone wants Rocko's "Really Really Big Man #1" lol Even Rocko's best friend Filbert is in the mob. That's the best one...although I'd be happy with any of them. That's such a great comic cover for any comic book fan who goes to conventions a lot. I've seen some Rocko animation cels for sale on eBay before, and they go pretty cheap.

armydoc, how old are you? And ffcomics? I'm 20. We probably are around the same age. You've got a pretty large OA collection armydoc. I don't know if chrisco would have been watching these shows though--I know you're quite a bit older than me. :juggle:

That's the one! :banana: Thanks!

Don't thank me. Thank Chuckles. :grin:

I don't know if chrisco would have been watching these shows though--I know you're quite a bit older than me. :juggle:

You don't gotta rub it in whipper-snapper. :D No, I'd never seen (or even heard of) this show before your post.

I tried to look it up on GCDB. It was there, but not indexed with anymore information than the cover. Figured it would have artist info to help narrow the search. Good luck. I'll keep an eye out for you.

I just can't find anything from these books. Anyone else ever seen any covers for sale?

If you've got the books, look up the artist/inker online. See if they have a website and contact them.

I recently contacted and artist from a book I like that was printed several years ago and he still had 90% of the pages from it(but not anymore :devil: )

I just can't find anything from these books. Anyone else ever seen any covers for sale?

If you've got the books, look up the artist/inker online. See if they have a website and contact them.

I recently contacted and artist from a book I like that was printed several years ago and he still had 90% of the pages from it(but not anymore :devil: )

I did the exact same thing with the same results. You'd be surprised what you can hunt down out there.

This has to be the best WTB thread I've ever read, Stephen! This sure brings back the memories (I'm 24 so Rocko & co. have a special place in my heart). Best of luck with this :banana:

-Bob

Thanks Bob! I think your good luck wish paid off! :grin:

It was certainly a delayed response, but I finally did get an email today confirming there are som pieces the artist still has that he'll sell. He said he'll send me a list. I hope the cover to #7 is on that list. :wishluck:

Yep, must have been his wishing that found the pages and not my concrete suggestion to contact the artist (shrug):censored: Think I'll go polish my lamp now and HOPE I can find some art :wishluck:

You were my inspiration. It is beyond mere thanks. :busy:

Yep, must have been his wishing that found the pages and not my concrete suggestion to contact the artist (shrug):censored: Think I'll go polish my lamp now and HOPE I can find some art :wishluck:

lol That's the way the world works right? Think about what you want and you will get it. Isn't that "The Secret" BS infomercial carp that was getting heavy publicity earlier in the year? Maybe I should start my own scam :grin:

:kidaround: Bob