• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collectors-Society SPAM from "members"? A little odd, anyone else...?

12 posts in this topic

Ok, I know that we all tend to get some kind of spam via our collections as they can be "out there" publicly via the Collectors-Society.

Yet, this one was a new one for me:

[font:Arial Black]Hello SolitaireOne,

b4w111, a Collectors Society Member, used our contact form to send you the following message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi SolitaireOne. i was browsing the site when i came across your old message about the human fly issues you have. im extremely interested in buying them if your willing. you can contact me at q4k111@yahoo.com or at my ebay account b4w111. thanks for your time and i hope to hear back from you soon.[/font]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My old message..."? lol Yeah, it's the one set that I'm a real fanatic about, but I sent him a message towards selling it off?! Granted, I can sniff out a scam, but this message just seemed silly to me. If you want to contact me, that's fine -- but this was odd, yes? It seems too specifically tailored to me to be some kind of strange "bulk/ spam e-mail".

His Society profile has 0 - Sets/ 0 - Points.

His eBay feedback is good, however:

b4w111 (98)

Feedback Score: 98

Positive Feedback: 100%

Members who left a positive: 99

Members who left a negative: 0

All positive Feedback: 215

Certainly I'm not looking to sell and am quite certain that I don't know this chap.

Are there any other curious things afoot of late? Please share and discuss... :/

I think he probably meant your journal entry:

http://www.collectors-society.com/JournalDetail.aspx?JournalEntryID=1466

Architecht,

Now that is a valid point... as I had forgotten about my one, and so far only journal entry. lol It does mention "contact me w/ any additional Rick Rojatt info...", but I simply didn't expect a friendly enough offer to buy. hm

... as mentioned previously, perhaps I should simply feel honored. :grin:

That is how I contacted Darkness_Weaves (and Scheradon, although he had been contributing for a long time) the first time as well. It is stalker-esque, but also a good way to say "hey, how are you doing, come over and hang out on the boards and sell me your undercopies!!!