• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Informative/Positive Contributor Award

102 posts in this topic

>> Okay, this 27_laughing.gif thing is getting out of hand. When a 27_laughing.gifita like Pov can't even just 27_laughing.gifl around and 27_laughing.gifligaggingly ... ah, hell, I don't know. <<

27_laughing.gifh, Kha 27_laughing.gifs, y 27_laughing.gifu are just t 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif hum 27_laughing.gifr 27_laughing.gifous!

27_laughing.gif
tonofbricks.gif

Wow... I'm genuinely touched.

I am just finding this thread as I went home at noon with the flu yesterday, at the insistence of the Girl Scout. (One big advantage of female employees, they are more likely to insist you go home, rather than waiting for you to vomit on the Silver Age). I shudder to think of all the cleaning she is doing in my absence, but she told me to enjoy the Duck game and not come back til Sunday.

I wouldn't know who to pick for most informative poster. The people I learn from here may be different from your choices because there are different things that I know little about. I am a blank slate on some topics that other folks here have studied for years. Since I wouldn't feel right picking myself in any case, I would probably lean toward Valiantman. But I have learned plenty from Pov, Darth, Donut, FF, JC/CI, Hammer and BronzeBruce, among others.

As for most positive contributor, it's no contest in my opinion. As much as I like what greggy and Bug bring to this forum, we have plenty of replacement candidates to step in for them; there is no one else here who could fill the void if Joanna was gone. I wish she was making buckets of money at her day job so she could afford to hang out here more. It'd be nice to see her slinging it Helga-style from time to time. smile.gif

I'm glad that most of you got into the spirit. Sorry I took so long to submit my nominees, but I'm nursing a darned flu.

I certainly like the idea of adding more categories, but unless we get more members (thanks comicwiz) to donate prizes to the cause, I don't think its realistic at this time to add more categories. These are the categories:

Most Informative Poster:

Most Positive Contributor:

Honourable Mentions:

You will notice that I added a third category due to the numerous nominations made outside of the two initial categories. It would be great if a few more people (maybe even CGC) got into the spirit and provided some prizes.

As for a name for the Shindig Award Ceremony, I was thinking of calling it the CGC Forum Awards.

I will be tallying up all the nominations on Wednesday Oct 1st, and starting a poll in the comics general section, so please get your nominations in before then because I don't want to exclude anyone. As well, if we can get a commitment from the contributors (as well as provide us with info on the prize) before then, that would also be great.

Here are my nominations. I must say this was extremely difficult, so I decided to list a bunch of names I felt deserved some recongnition:

Most Informative: lighthouse, povertyrow, fantastic_four, comicwiz

Most Positive Contributor: dam60, greggy, darthdiesel, joanna, kevthemev, sborock (in the face of adversity, Steve has always managed to make time to contribute to these boards)

Honourable Mentions: bronty, plitch, bronzebruce13, shield

Thanks Everyone!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I posted in this thread and I didn't add my noms...

informative... zillatoy, timely, and metropolisent for BSD style knowledge. None of them can match people for volume, but they definitely make up for it in terms of inside knowledge of some very serious books. povertyow for the excellent resto thread. lighthouse for the whole brick and mortar thing and... was it DiceX who gave us all a really in-depth view into the printing process? [edit] cripes! I almost forgot valiantman!

And there are a ton of honorable mentions...

Positive... Joanna. Even beyond the amazing crisis thread (I never thanked her for giving me cool powers), she constantly adds some fun and flair to discussions around here.

Let's see:

First of all, funniest: Hands down, Bugaboo.

Best Hall Monitor: Povertyrow

Most knowledgable: DARTHDIESEL

Personal favorites: ninanina, povertrow, shadrach, shiverbones, Oldguy, Dad, Mushroom

Am I too late! Am I too late!

Can I throw my name into the hat!

This is just like a California governor election.

Check out the latest CGC NEWSLETTER for my latest contribution.

But I'm probably best remembered for my FF4 scuze mark thread.

If elected, I promise a comic on every pot. grin.gif

Best Hall Monitor: Povertyrow

Dagnabbit! I'm surprised you haven't made a Most Informative/Positive GOLD AGE Contributor award yet! grin.gifflowerred.gifhi.gif

If I would, I'd title it "Golden Age only" just to get your goat... insane.gif