• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The freaked-out guy from Action 1

47 posts in this topic

Actually, the first comic I read was a reprint of Action 1. Butch Matson is the guy's name and you can read the story in the thread below.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=15&Number=1557621

I totally enjoyed reading that, thanks!

Although these bits were slightly disturbing:

Action1pages6.jpg

Action1pages13.jpg

Wait, wrong thread!

1111avatar.jpg

It's even worse than you think. After 25 years of dodging cars and brickwork he'd finally had enough and moved from Metropolis to New York in 1963, just in time for:

jim101ja.jpg

From Superman Batman #41 SB41-22.jpg

That page gives me chills for some reason. Is it a good read? Nice to see that Rick 'Butch' Radomski recovered though, and made a clean break of it by opening a hardware store! Good for him!

Altogether now:

Action1pages13.jpgactionall.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH!

It's even worse than you think. After 25 years of dodging cars and brickwork he'd finally had enough and moved from Metropolis to New York in 1963, just in time

Just when he was getting his life back together... very sad, really.

I think he was the subject of a very special episode of Behind the Panels: Where Are They Now?

It's even worse than you think. After 25 years of dodging cars and brickwork he'd finally had enough and moved from Metropolis to New York in 1963, just in time for:

jim101ja.jpg

Not even the Marvel Universe is safe it seems! Any more 'terrified corner poses' out there?

Not even the Marvel Universe is safe it seems! Any more 'terrified corner poses' out there?

Well... yeah. Marvel had about 200 of them. :insane:

Also: Just about any Batman or Detective issue from 1954 to 1964.