• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F.F. Annual #3 - Blank Back Cover?

17 posts in this topic

Just looking through a few of my books...I noticed that my F.F. Ann. #3 had a blank inside front and rear cover, and blank rear cover.

I never noticed before...is this normal? I have never checked another copy...

I've seen one like that for sale on eBay many moons ago.

Did you buy it? wink.gif

It's a file copy...

One Marvel would keep around the office for story reference.

Or a proof-reading copy...

A few are printed up without ads just to make sure the inside pages are in the right order.

Or both. smirk.gif

I've had my copy fpr at least 10 years...

Could be a Canadian edition, though I don't really know of any different Canadian editions of silver age Marvels (not like UK editions, different language editions, etc).

The next obvious question is: how much did it end up going for on ebay? What is the interest in a book like this? Unfortunately it grades only a G/VG...

Why no ads just cause it's from Canada? confused.gif

I imagine a good number of my comics were bought here originally and they are of course identical to their U.S. bought brethren.

Not that I am looking to sell it, though I enjoy gauging interest in books I own... grin.gif

What you have on your hands is the very common "Coloring Book" edition of FF Annual #3!

As it's interior pages have all been completely colored, it is now practically worthless... devil.gif

But, tell you what:

I'll give you a Two-dollar-bill for it anyway , just cause I need that one to fill my run. angel.gif

-Joe

For reasons I don't know,the issues of marvel annuals that were to be sold in Canada have blank pages where the ads were to have been. Maybe those products wre unavailable in the Great White or maybe some Canuklehead wanted a canadian content that never came off. They are not rare at all. Robert Bell had a ton of them so it would follow that the Koch Bros. and Gary Dolgoff would also have them. In the 80s they sold for less than the American editions but can't comment on what they would bring in todays market. Look at the glossary on pg844 for a half-assed explanation in this years PG

What you have on your hands is the very common "Coloring Book" edition of FF Annual #3!

As it's interior pages have all been completely colored, it is now practically worthless... devil.gif

But, tell you what:

I'll give you a Two-dollar-bill for it anyway , just cause I need that one to fill my run. angel.gif

-Joe

Your name is Joe. I don't trust you! mad.gif

But, tell you what:

-Joe

Your name is Joe. I don't trust you! mad.gif

Good call.

-J (no longer using Joe, due to "guilt by association...)