• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LXG The Movie

22 posts in this topic

Thinking about seeing League of Extraordinary Gentlemen tonight. Anyone seen it? I haven't read the comics so I don't have any preconceptions going in.....

Jim

then thats the best way to see it.

I saw it that way and ejoyed it///

Then I went home and read up on all the characters in the movie!

No not yet. It tough to get the wife to go to almost any comic related movie !!

So I usually wait until it's in the 3 buck show and then she O.K. with that. Hmmm....maybe she on to something.6 bucks for the movie,12 bucks for popcorn and pop !! 893applaud-thumb.gif Oh, she always saving me money !! grin.gif

12 bucks for popcorn and pop

Who calls soda, pop still? i don't know to me it's always a soda around here.I usually go to the matinee shows cause it's cheaper and don't buy any popcorn or drinks while i'm there...I did see Underworld and grabbed a small pepsi $2.75!!! for about 12 ounces Last time I get anything,I see these people in the theater that just sit there who paid 9.75 to get it,then a large popcorn,Huge @$$ drink candy ect... $50.00 to see a movie now. Hope they didn't think the flick sucked..lol. popcorn.gif

I thought it was very good. Full of action, entertaining story and what not. Sure the people who are looking to be intellectually stimulated at movies aren't going to get that here. But if you're looking for something fun, it's definately worth seeing.

Brian

Who calls soda, pop still?

I still slip and call it "tonic" sometimes.

POV, I thought we agreed that we'd always refer to it as "seltzer," come hell or high(ly carbonated) water... ???

Just in case you ever wondered... here's what the Harvard Dialect Survey found:

http://hcs.harvard.edu/~golder/dialect/staticmaps/q_105.html

Finally watched it on dvd last week with the wife. She barely made it through the movie and really didnt like it. I thought it was brainless fun. Neat premise that could have been a lot better but was ok. I havent read the comic but might pick up the TPB to see what a well written version might be like. The ending left a sequel open, think it did well enough to garner one?