• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Comic Book Keys are Up 10.5% in 2007

30 posts in this topic

Great Post Cyclegirl!

I added your blog to my "blogroll" so hopefully some visitors will be coming your way.

There is definitely some trackable information on the performance of comic books (or any collectible) versus traditional investments.

When I was getting my Masters I remember a chapter in a finance book that dealt with hard assets such as art, etc. When I finished I compiled and wrote quite a long document comparing the stock market, gold and the CPI versus comic books from the early 1970's to 2001.

If anyone would like to look at the raw statistics I compiled I would be willing to share them with other forum members. Send me a PM and I will send a link for you to download the document (.pdf). All I ask is that I don't see it floating around the Internet in about a week.

As far as Comic Book Movies, there has been a lot of movement in several books you can track. Let me know and I will float you some statistics.

Deucedriver

Great Post Cyclegirl!

All I ask is that I don't see it floating around the Internet in about a week.

Deucedriver

Ok, we're all buncha' great guys and all, but if you don't want this floating around on the Internet in about a week...I'd keep it to myself.

Just my opinion.

Great Post Cyclegirl!

All I ask is that I don't see it floating around the Internet in about a week.

Deucedriver

Ok, we're all buncha' great guys and all, but if you don't want this floating around on the Internet in about a week...I'd keep it to myself.

Just my opinion.

Only one person has asked for it, so I guess it would be easy to track down. :)

Deucedriver

Great Post Cyclegirl!

I added your blog to my "blogroll" so hopefully some visitors will be coming your way.

There is definitely some trackable information on the performance of comic books (or any collectible) versus traditional investments.

Thanks Deucedriver. I'd love to see your paper. I'll send you a PM...

Keys being the "key" word. All other sales are flat - been giving away stuff on eBay like DD, Thor, Flash, etc less than $1.00 a book for VF 8.0 and less. Spidey is ok and X-men.

I'll buy all the VF 8.0 SA (1956-1968) copies of these titles for $1.00 that you've got. (shrug)