• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obadiah Oldbuck - Tilt & Bouge ed.

5 posts in this topic

Anyone have an estimate on the value of this book?

The auction has answered your question my man....$637.

when you have over 300 views and multiple bids on a high profile auction, the final bid is the value....not just on this book, but on all books. ( generally speaking )

Steve

when you have over 300 views and multiple bids on a high profile auction, the final bid is the value....not just on this book, but on all books. ( generally speaking )

Steve

:hi: Steve!

Where have you been lately?

Steve

Generally speaking.. that same book listed on different venue, by a different seller on a different day might yield better, or worse results. But on this given day it was worth around $630 to at least 2 bidders, now whether or not that was high or low will only be found out if the winning bidder re lists it at some point.

I guess what I am trying to say is I would not use this auction as a final barometer of worth like I would other more common books listed in a similar fashion. Because in most cases you are right, what a book sells for is what it is worth. But that OO book is not an ordinary book as you well know.

Hows that for splitting hairs! (:

Nice to see ya poke around this place again Steve.

Kenny

Steve

Steve, you're our resident OO expert. What you think the book should sell for FMV?