• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever use Craigslist to search for comics?

29 posts in this topic

I had an ad for WTB pre 1975 books.

I get e-mails all day long offering 90's books saying their old. Really they are.

Then one day someone sends me a list and it had a Daredevil 7 on there. I was like is this the new series or the old one? Old he replies. I ask for scans and it's ANNUAL 7 meh

I had an ad for WTB pre 1975 books.

I get e-mails all day long offering 90's books saying their old. Really they are.

Then one day someone sends me a list and it had a Daredevil 7 on there. I was like is this the new series or the old one? Old he replies. I ask for scans and it's ANNUAL 7 meh

I've got a similar ad on there too. Same result, mostly "old" 90's drek. You get a lot of scammers too. I got several emails from people claiming to have old comics or key issues and when I ask for more details or scans, they never actually have the books at their house. meh

I've sold over $10,000 worth of comics and stuff on craigs list the last few years.

Bought an almost complete issue of Rune art off ebay for $90,sold it for $500.

Bought a bunch of HCs and TPBs at B@N on a closeout and sold them all the next week for more than original sticker.

Sold a run of Spideys from 50-200 for 15% off Overstreet.Try doing that on ebay.

Got $35 for three Barbie Retailer 11X17 Retailer posters, and $10 each for a bunch of AllStar Batman and Robin posters I got for free at a show.

Bunch of crazies out there with fistfuls of dollars.

Last month,I attended the world premiere of High School Musical On Ice,thanks to my longtime friend Kenny Ortega. The next day,I sold the two VIP passes on CL for a decent amount.Perhaps crazy would be a better decription than decent.

I've sold over $10,000 worth of comics and stuff on craigs list the last few years.

Bought a bunch of HCs and TPBs at B@N on a closeout and sold them all the next week for more than original sticker.

Sold a run of Spideys from 50-200 for 15% off Overstreet.Try doing that on ebay.

Got $35 for three Barbie Retailer 11X17 Retailer posters, and $10 each for a bunch of AllStar Batman and Robin posters I got for free at a show.

Last month,I attended the world premiere of High School Musical On Ice,thanks to my longtime friend Kenny Ortega. The next day,I sold the two VIP passes on CL for a decent amount.Perhaps crazy would be a better decription than decent.

I think the gist here is that there are possible gems in every venue; it's just that you have to sift through piles of carp to get to it. I appreciate those that have the eternal patience to do so; I would go freaking nuts if I had to do it.

I think the gist here is that there are possible gems in every venue; it's just that you have to sift through piles of carp to get to it. I appreciate those that have the eternal patience to do so; I would go freaking nuts if I had to do it.

Nope.

The gist is that CL is a great place to sell things.You can get much better prices than on ebay.

Let me note that in each transaction but one,I insisted we meet in my neighborhood tavern so the chances of being robbed or of someone finding my house or warehouses were greatly reduced.

Here's a good one. Ad says, something like a friend of mine left me their old comic collection. They are all very old and there are some extremely rare ones, like "the thing 1."

My grandchildren say they must be at worth at least 1,000.

I start salivating, thinking about charlton, the thing 1 (1952). My mind starts to wander, thinking about a nice set of the thing from the 50s. I call, and it's a nice elderly lady.

She starts telling me how a friend passed away and gave her some very old books. My hands are trembling. I ask, "can you tell me what the cover of thing 1 looks like?"

"eh, " she fumbles around. "Oh, er there's this ugly creature..." Beads of sweat roll down my forehead. "He's brown and has these big blue swim trunks."

"What?" My mind slams back to reality. "Waitaminute, "does it have a price, like 10 cents on the cover? I ask." "Well," she says, "let me get out my magnifier...." Pause. "Oh, er here it is 60c."

Sigh, another day, another search.

Over the years, I've bought a low-grade GA Flash Comics #68 from a guy off Craigslist for something like $15.

Also bought a bag of comics that included a Bone set (not first print for #1, 2), Avengers, etc. for another $20.

Got a free grocery bag full of Cerebus, Independents, and Japanese Manga type comics with a computer related purchase, etc.

Craigslist is great when I remember to check it... (thumbs u