• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you sell these books?

54 posts in this topic

Another option not occurring to you.

List them on www.highgradecomics.com

Guys, I ACCEPT CONSIGNMENTS!

Believe it or not I actually do Sell books.

I've seen him sell some

I would go with a no reserve auction. There's something about the fact that a book WILL sell within a specified period that causes prices to spiral up if it's a book that at least 2 collectors must have. If you list a book at a crazy price on CL or Pedigree or some other consignment site, even guys who might want it might pass on it because they figure no one else will take it any time soon and they would rather use their funds elsewhere for the time being. Plus, it doesn't take long before your listing gets pushed down in CL's new listings.

I agree with Tim....as most know, I just sold my Batman 1-100 run, all cgc blue, and with 3 exceptions, I put them all at no reserve, and used Comic Link focused auction. I liked the idea of "knowing" that they would sell and that I would have funds in a finite period (versus listing on the exchange part), I liked the idea of only paying 10% commission-which is NOT negotiable, as someone suggested (almost worth it not to have to ship them to a hundred different bidders) and the bidders not paying anything (reason why I will never consign to heritage, as I don't believe they can realize 19.5% better, to equal payout to the consignor), and I liked the idea that Comic Link is well established and seem to get great prices across the board for quality material. At the time, I did not consider comic connect, as I felt it was too "new" and did not yet have the following or established bidders.

That said, I would now consider a future comic connect auction format as another viable option, but want to first see how their Feb "focused" auction goes (and I will be putting some books in there to test the water).

Ultimately, you want seperation...these are books you obviously collected because you had a desire for the run, and if you sell some here, and some there, etc, you don't get to have a clean slate, that you do by selling them all one shot, and parting ways as "friends"...

rick

Ultimately, you want seperation...these are books you obviously collected because you had a desire for the run, and if you sell some here, and some there, etc, you don't get to have a clean slate, that you do by selling them all one shot, and parting ways as "friends"...

rick

Very good point.

I would go with CL.

Ebay is a good choice as well if they are HG. No reserve.

I despise Heritage and won't bid on their books.

Seling slabs on the boards is a bad idea unless you enjoy getting 70% of true value.

I'd have to recommend the ComicLink focussed Auctions... there's so much high quality material turning up in them these days -- and the prices realized so strong, it makes them an option you have to consider. Not a fan of ebay these days either as a seller... if I was moving books in heavy volume or as a set, I'd probably look to Comiclink or a dealer's website and put them on consignment (if they had heavy traffic).

By the way, Bob Siman put his spidey run on highgradecomics.com and had almost an entire sell through.

I would go with CL.

Ebay is a good choice as well if they are HG. No reserve.

I despise Heritage and won't bid on their books.

Seling slabs on the boards is a bad idea unless you enjoy getting 70% of true value.

does that mean you owe me another 30% (actually 40%)? :baiting: