• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cracked to Hell and Back Slab

20 posts in this topic

Not to be a nit, but I received an SS collection of 10 CGC comics in the mail from an ebay purchase. I got a great deal, so its not like I would want to retun the lot, but....

One slab was not just cracked, it was cracked to to the river and to the mountains, a good 5 inch piece of edge slab is missing, cracked off.

270181261689 auction number, damaged piece is # 7, the 9.8 Ross triple signed.

Other pieces are fine, the lot was not well protected in box, and the description does list a slight crack on this piece, but I am sure it was not a freakin handful of slab missing when seller shipped.

Would you do anything, or just deal with it as overall the deal is still sweet?

I would stop buying books in CGC slabs. Just buy the empty slabs - the weight of the books is what causes the shipping damage. Go for a pure experience, and leave those pesky slab-damaging books alone. :thumbsup:

Not to be a nit, but I received an SS collection of 10 CGC comics in the mail from an ebay purchase. I got a great deal, so its not like I would want to retun the lot, but....

One slab was not just cracked, it was cracked to to the river and to the mountains, a good 5 inch piece of edge slab is missing, cracked off.

Other pieces are fine, the lot was not well protected in box, and the description does list a slight crack on this piece, but I am sure it was not a freakin handful of slab missing when seller shipped.

I'd mail the guy, mention it and see what he says. If he offers you anything..great.

But if you're overall happy, put it down to experience...as long as the Book itself ain't damaged (thumbs u

Bummer. If you think his description was too far off, I'd send him an email as the first step (& I'd comment on his packing). I'd keep the language non-confrontational & professional. Perhaps you could get a discount?

I would definately ask him to pay for the re-slabbing--$11. Most sellers will jump at the opportunity to solve this problem without shipping the book back and forth from the buyer to the seller--seller to CGC--CGC to seller--and seller back to buyer. Although if the book is damaged, CGC won't re-slab.

I have had this sort of weird passive aggresive stance from sellers before who feel they sold a lot too cheap. As in, well they got a heck of a deal so I will just pack the lot in a cereal box with a stamp on it.

I have had this sort of weird passive aggresive stance from sellers before who feel they sold a lot too cheap. As in, well they got a heck of a deal so I will just pack the lot in a cereal box with a stamp on it.

Well then do what you want, but until you contact the seller about it you're just spinning your wheels.

Actually, "MISSING"! Yes, call the seller.

Dennis

I would stop buying books in CGC slabs. Just buy the empty slabs - the weight of the books is what causes the shipping damage. Go for a pure experience, and leave those pesky slab-damaging books alone. :thumbsup:

lol

Yeah, you wonder when a slab grading company will crop up.... (CGCGC?)

Seriously, though, I don't mind small cracks, but a 5" chunk is a bit much. Email the seller - he may help you out with re-holder fees.