• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Follow up on Lone star comics post

14 posts in this topic

after deciding to try doing some business with Lonestar comics, I downloaded their grading criteria (to make sure we were on the same page grading-wise). After STRICTLY following their guide, I get an email from them down grading 50 out of 60 comics! In one case (ASM 104) from VF - G because, "the bottom staple isn't detached, but looks a little loose." Just a follow-up and a heads up for anyone interested.

rantrant

after deciding to try doing some business with Lonestar comics, I downloaded their grading criteria (to make sure we were on the same page grading-wise). After STRICTLY following their guide, I get an email from them down grading 50 out of 60 comics! In one case (ASM 104) from VF - G because, "the bottom staple isn't detached, but looks a little loose." Just a follow-up and a heads up for anyone interested.

rantrant

They found some water damage on a Hulk 108 VF (grade drop to G) I sent in once.

Like I'm going to miss that. meh

I just sold them about 150 dupes from my collection - I believe they downgraded about 20 of them, but included notes explaining why. The only one I didn't get was a book that I'd sent in as NM (and it was), but according to their grading it was a VG with a "torn cover" - but I assume that must have happened during shipping doh!

Apart from that it was a very easy process.

I just sold them about 150 dupes from my collection - I believe they downgraded about 20 of them, but included notes explaining why. The only one I didn't get was a book that I'd sent in as NM (and it was), but according to their grading it was a VG with a "torn cover" - but I assume that must have happened during shipping doh!

Apart from that it was a very easy process.

A TORN cover???? from SHIPPING?? the only book of them all????

lol yeah, OK...

sounds mischievous, to moi (shrug)

Okay,Okay.... I try to admit when I'm wrong, or at least when I jump the gun. I did some business with Buddy, had some problems, and I have to tell you all that it was smoothed out nicely. Buddy ( and CJ) were both super nice, and went the extra mile to turn this into a good experience. My hat's off to LoneStar Comics, and I will recomend them to anyone from here on out.

:applause:

Okay,Okay.... I try to admit when I'm wrong, or at least when I jump the gun. I did some business with Buddy, had some problems, and I have to tell you all that it was smoothed out nicely. Buddy ( and CJ) were both super nice, and went the extra mile to turn this into a good experience. My hat's off to LoneStar Comics, and I will recomend them to anyone from here on out.

:applause:

Kool-AidMan.jpg

Want some more? :baiting:

I do question how they could be so strict grading my books for purchasing when it's clear that the books I get from buying aren't graded as strict. Some stood out as odd, like others. Still, the process is all communicated up front and smooth.

Justl like we established for buying/selling ASM 300s... if you're buying and it's rough cut you call it a 6.0 and pay 20% of 6.0 for it. When you sell it, however, you call it a 9.6 because the rough cut is a manufacturing defect (and will be slabbed as such) and you charge 400% of 9.2.

Sounds like Lone Star has it down pretty good.

Justl like we established for buying/selling ASM 300s... if you're buying and it's rough cut you call it a 6.0 and pay 20% of 6.0 for it. When you sell it, however, you call it a 9.6 because the rough cut is a manufacturing defect (and will be slabbed as such) and you charge 400% of 9.2.

Sounds like Lone Star has it down pretty good.

Hey! I bought an ASM #300 from them (rag-tag edge). They graded it at 9.2! lol